Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor cap prices

Hi,

I'd like to get an idea of how certain visor caps fare in today's market, just ball park figures would be fine. Assuming excellent condition.

(1) Waffen SS officer visor (white piping)
    (2) Waffen SS EM/NCO visor
    (3) Allgemeine SS EM/NCO visor
    (4) Allgemeine SS officer visor
    (5) Heer General visor
    (6) Heer Panzer officer visor
    (7) Luftwaffe General visor
    (8) Luftwaffe officer visor

Your Inputs are greatly appreciated!

Hi Koguryo,

I can only speak to numbers 7 & 8. The answer to your question depends on how quickly one wants to sell (or buy) and where the item is listed/found. Prices for a solid, Luftwaffe officer's cap can range between the high teens to the low twos. A general's example could command from close to ten to $15k.

I've seen higher and lower for each, but that's a ballpark from my perspective.

J-

Comment

SS officer visor around 8-12k depending on maker, condition, etc. Em visors are much rarer, but only go for about 5-7k, again, dependign on condition, maker, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSAH1944 View Post
        SS officer visor around 8-12k depending on maker, condition, etc. Em visors are much rarer, but only go for about 5-7k, again, dependign on condition, maker, etc.
        I'd assume you were referring to Waffen SS visors, right? Allgemeine officer visors should be slightly pricier, I'd think, since they are rarer.

Comment

I would say black is no rarer..remember many allegemeine uniforms came out of units home towns...tailor shops and storage..and also private homes willing and unwilling turn in your nazi stuff and weapons drive after the town was occupied...JMHO Billbert

Comment

Visor Prices

I have a stone cold mint Luft officers visor I'd love to get $1800 out of!!! I also have a MINT / PUBLISHED Heer generals visor for sale in the 10 to 12K range for sale as well!! So it all depends on who is selling and the time frame for how fast they want to sell. Alex

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
              I would say black is no rarer..remember many allegemeine uniforms came out of units home towns...tailor shops and storage..and also private homes willing and unwilling turn in your nazi stuff and weapons drive after the town was occupied...JMHO Billbert
              Hi Bill,

Certainly Allgemeine SS EM/NCO visors are by no means scarce since almost every major dealer's site carries a few. Allgemeine officer visor though, is another story in my opinion since I have only seen several of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Koguryo9 View Post
                Hi,

I'd like to get an idea of how certain visor caps fare in today's market, just ball park figures would be fine. Assuming excellent condition.

(1) Waffen SS officer visor (white piping) 10-15k
                (2) Waffen SS EM/NCO visor 5-7k, even 13k certain places
                (3) Allgemeine SS EM/NCO visor4-6k
                (4) Allgemeine SS officer visor11-17k not upgraded from nco
                (5) Heer General visorAssuming it's erel, 8-16k
                (6) Heer Panzer officer visor 1-2k
                (7) Luftwaffe General visor again erel 10-15k
                (8) Luftwaffe officer visor1-3k

I have placed in those prices i have seen such items listed for the past time. What they sold for are in certain cases a different tale.

I'm also assuming them to be by attractive producers. I believe Thies sold a luftwaffe general by Kaps for 12-13k plus auction fees.

One can see a stone mint late war panzer erel sell for 1-1,5k, but an earlier one for 2-3k. Every detail chimes in

Again, these are just prices i have seen such pieces of headgear listed for, some might still be listed due to the high price

Comment

There is a gentleman on here that has at least a dozen black officers... I ve had the good fortune to pull and least 1 of each black green off and em out of the hobby woodwork..Billbert

Comment

Here is my own take on the prices, let me know if I am far off target:

(1) Waffen SS officer visor (white piping) $9000-$13000
                    (2) Waffen SS EM/NCO visor $6000-$9000
                    (3) Allgemeine SS EM/NCO visor $6000-$8000
                    (4) Allgemeine SS officer visor $13000-$15000
                    (5) Heer General visor $10000-$15000
                    (6) Heer Panzer officer visor $1200-$2500
                    (7) Luftwaffe General visor $12000-$15000
                    (8) Luftwaffe officer visor $1500-$2500

Comment

Here is my own take on the prices, let me know if I am far off target:

(1) Waffen SS officer visor (white piping) $9000-$13000
                      (2) Waffen SS EM/NCO visor $6000-$9000
                      (3) Allgemeine SS EM/NCO visor $6000-$8000
                      (4) Allgemeine SS officer visor $13000-$15000
                      (5) Heer General visor $10000-$15000
                      (6) Heer Panzer officer visor $1200-$2500
                      (7) Luftwaffe General visor $12000-$15000
                      (8) Luftwaffe officer visor $1500-$2500

?Allgemeine em/nco 6-8K? lol no,you can easy find one more realistic,the same go with all anothers what you has posted here,exept on generals as i have no idea abaut.

Comment

Hi,

(1) Waffen SS officer visor (white piping)
                        (2) Waffen SS EM/NCO visor
                        (3) Allgemeine SS EM/NCO visor
                        (4) Allgemeine SS officer visor
                        (5) Heer General visor
                        (6) Heer Panzer officer visor
                        (7) Luftwaffe General visor
                        (8) Luftwaffe officer visor

EURO and generally

1) from 6000 (wool) to 9000 (trikot)
                        2) from 4500 to 7000
                        3) from 4000 to 5000
                        4) from 8500 to 11000

crusher white pip: from 8500 to 13000

Comment

There are so many factors at work with pricing, it is hard to generalize.

The first 3 are condition, condition, & condition.

Then you get into early war quality vs late war ( there is a $2500 difference between a mint pre-war Erel Pz and a last-ditch Erel)

Then you get into the attributed/personality pieces with General items.

The other factor is that most of the items listed on a dealer site do not sell at the price advertised--it is just like the MSRP on a car--it is just the starting price, so unless you know the buyer, you do not know what it actually went for.

Prices used to be easy to track thru Manions back in the day (70's & 80's), and then Ebay before the ban.

Prices, imho, are going down on visors. I saw a minty Kav officer go for $575 and a mint LW NCO Flight visor go for $456 (both on ebay).

Even the Estand does not reflect what an item actually went for.
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

"Prices, imho, are going down on visors. I saw a minty Kav officer go for $575 and a mint LW NCO Flight visor go for $456 (both on ebay)."

Chris you are spot on. That goes for demand as well. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X