Help with KM Donald duck cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with KM Donald duck cap

I have just got that cap as part of a veteran’s estate and I am wanting some opinions on the insignia.

The cap has a removable top and has had a breast eagle sewn to it. Before I remove it I just wondered if there was any possibility of it being a wartime application.

The cap came with the veterans summer uniform in it bag marked with the crest of HMS Ajax.

Any comments would be helpful as I don’t normally collect naval kit.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

obviously someone who is in serious need for glasses added this eagle.... Nice cap though. remove the eagle and you will probably find the ghost of the original insigna.

Comment

Nice cap . If you are going to sell it I would leave it to the new owner . Rob
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

in post #5 the second photo, there is stitching visible of the outline of a nametag. Should show on the inside of the sweatband, is a nice detail when matching with the tag in the cover!

When you're going to sell it, I would certainly leave it like this.

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys, but too late. I couldn’t resist taking the breast eagle off, and in doing so I noticed it has been placed on the side, 90 degrees out of place and now sits a lot better now the reinforced binding behind the seam is to the front.

As the owner has sewn the entire sweatband to the card band, I can’t look under the leather band to see in a name tag is still here.

See a similar example http://www.relichunter.com/kmddkacap.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X