Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer M43 cap on e-stand

Gentlemen -

I have only seen this type of eagle on repro caps. Could anybody confirm that it's legit?

Thank you!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=621202

What's better than a period photo.

Glenn
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Box_Rebellion View Post
      Gentlemen -

I have only seen this type of eagle on repro caps. Could anybody confirm that it's legit?

Thank you!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=621202
      100% original cap
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=332334
      Here is mine most likely from the same make
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Gentlemen -

[/url]
        Just curious: do you mean with 'this type'; this particular example or the unfolded T-shape trapezoids?

Either way I subscribe this to be a very nice original cap.

F.

Comment

Its a killer cap! Just a string of mishaps and the way things went down that im listing it. I think you would be beyond hard pressed to find a nicer example and thank you Glenn for posting that period pic. Its a great cap and well worth the money, you can sleep well with this cap and have no issues. Matt

Comment

It's the eagle with the dark grey background. I have only seen "T" eagles with green.

Very interesting. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

I owned that cap a couple of years ago.

Is that type of insignia also accepted as original pre-1945 or only a style of repro?

Is anyone able to post further photos of that exact trap in other collections?

Mike

Comment

I have run across a few loose eagles of this style from time to time and the most recent on Hiscoll.com I have never had an issue with the insignia not being period produced. Its an much less common type of trap but period produced and correct in my opinion. Matt

Comment

100% original and under valued in my opinion
                  If I wasn't committed to another purchase I would have snapped this cap up.
                  Mark S

Comment

Thank you Mark. Agree its a killer cap and im going to just ask it to be pulled later today if it hasn't sold. I am not surprised that no one is jumping on it with the MAX coming up but I still think its a killer cap and a fair price. Its litterally what I paid for it but what ever. Matt

Comment

Don't be surprised in this market... nobody has noticed my estate fresh light weight officer M43 cap on the e-stand. It's so cheap I think I will pull it just like you. I'm not giving away untouched pieces anymore. I'll wait until the market improves or people start collecting again.

Comment

I'm not giving away untouched pieces anymore. I'll wait until the market improves or people start collecting again.
                        Don 't hold your breath. Everything will be in the tank for at least three more years.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X