Holters LW Officer Visor on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holters LW Officer Visor on Ebay

Hat looks good from these limited pics. I would have to believe it had bullion insignia at one time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261094402953...84.m1423.l2649
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

As these things usually end early, here are the pics:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

holters

Hi Chris,
      My only holters was a Pzr, with combo insignia, The sweatband was the roll over type which is different to this one on the lw cap, the LW one looks ok me, from the limited pics shown on ebay, I would think it who have had bullion insignia also.
      Cheers
      Wayne

Comment

I had also a Holters Cavallery cap and the sweatband was also a roll over type. I think this sweatband is replaced.

It's also very strange that Holters put a EM/NCO metal wing on an Offcier cap?

This cap need a restauration. The new owner need an bullion eagle and offcier wing corcade. That cost extra around 200,-EU.

The cap was before on an other auctionshouse for 380EU but nobody bid on it.

Cheers,
        steiner99

Comment

Originally posted by steiner99 View Post
          I had also a Holters Cavallery cap and the sweatband was also a roll over type. I think this sweatband is replaced.

It's also very strange that Holters put a EM/NCO metal wing on an Offcier cap?

This cap need a restauration. The new owner need an bullion eagle and offcier wing corcade. That cost extra around 200,-EU.

The cap was before on an other auctionshouse for 380EU but nobody bid on it.

Cheers,
          steiner99
          I don't think the sweatband is replaced. Both this type and the (half) rollover type are used by Holters...

Comment

I am not sure but this one looks just like the fake one I had back in the 70's.I got it from Wolfram Diable in Pensburg Germany.He had it aged and it looked good to me .............but turned out to be a FAKE.

Dennis J

Comment

IMO, Holters did not actually make caps, but contracted them out and added their own label. This one appears to be a Clemens Wagner piece.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                IMO, Holters did not actually make caps, but contracted them out and added their own label. This one appears to be a Clemens Wagner piece.
                Yeah, even the rollover sweatbands bear a striking resemblance to some CW caps.
                From those pics, the logo looks textbook for a post '37 piece and this type of sweatband can be found on genuine Holters caps. I have seen metal insignia on plenty of army Holters...has the seller photoshopped out the swastika or snapped it off???

Comment

No the swastica is really denazified.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                    I'm not so sure about that. The Holters I've owned (albeit only a handful) have had some unique characteristics in manufacture that lead me to suspect that they were made "in-house".

Comment

Originally posted by wayne gosley View Post
                      hi chris,
                      my only holters was a pzr, with combo insignia, the sweatband was the roll over type which is different to this one on the lw cap, the lw one looks ok me, from the limited pics shown on ebay, i would think it would have had bullion insignia also.
                      Cheers
                      wayne
                      A observation,Looking at the cockard it is fitted very snuggly against the the mohair band,

Comment

This hat was listed by another seller on Ebay in early December 2012.
                        As I was curious about it, and it appeared to be a legit Holters (albeit with replaced metal insignia) I bought it with a "buy it now" price of 250 Euros.

In any event, the Ebay seller never sent the hat to me. He did not respond to any of my pm's on Ebay either, and as a result, I had to open a dispute with Paypal.

Suffice it to say he never disputed my claim on Paypal, and in fact, he never responded at all. As a result, I gave him negative feedback on Ebay (which he didn't respond to, either).

Anyway, I got my $ back from PP, but it still pi$$e$ me off.

If anyone sees this hat pop up again (which it will) please post it here.
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here are the pics from the December listing (yes, he was selling the tabs and boards with it):
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Side views:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

More
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X