EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodwork-found Mint EM Panzer Visor Cap!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last one. This shows the dirt and wear under the chin strap.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the additional shots of the pipping. Again the base cap is good its just the guts that are the real question... I tend to think that the whole inside would glow if taken to a black light but i'll pm BenVK and see if we can get his opinion on the cap. Matt

Comment

Thanks for that. I have been looking at other liners in other hats and it appears that this liner was sewn in the same. The construction of it looks pretty similar. What are your exact doubts? The material of the liner?

Comment

You need to re-visit the definition of the word 'Mint' too

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            You need to re-visit the definition of the word 'Mint' too

Ian
            This was already covered. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...72#post5464972

Comment

The material, the construction, the sweatband the whole thing is not one I would want. Again its an EM cap, granted NCOs could afford to buy their own and sometimes did but this doesn't come off as being one of those. Its your cap and your money do with it as you like but its not the standard by any means and the outside condition vs the inside condition are miles apart. I could understand if it were really mothed and stored in a grungy place which it obviously was and perhaps in some out there chance its period changed out liner and SB. I just don't like the way the inside is done. It just doesn't appear to be the norm which is fine as I am a person that will go out on a limb from time to time. This one just seems to be lacking a lot on the inside and again that is just my opinion. Its your hat and you are the one that needs to be comfortable with it, not me. Matt

Comment

The piping abuttment in the rear looks like the old "snake eating it's tail" , and not what I want to see on a cap. Too many questions marks on this one for me.
                Methinks that if it was a common infantry or artillery cap, it would not have been messed with, but, of course, panzer caps are in much higher demand.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I don't see any problem with the hat. The piping is made of rayon, similar to some shoulderboard piping and the way the ends overlap is correct for this material. The ersatz or "alkor" sweatband is authentic and fits with the piping, both being artificial or substitute materials and typical of the period. The lining is a rather strange choice for an issue cap, being ribbed rayon rather than plain cotton but it also is authentic and the simple size stamp is what I'd expect to see.

Not your typical issued NCO cap and all the more interesting for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    I don't see any problem with the hat. The piping is made of rayon, similar to some shoulderboard piping and the way the ends overlap is correct for this material. The ersatz or "alkor" sweatband is authentic and fits with the piping, both being artificial or substitute materials and typical of the period. The lining is a rather strange choice for an issue cap, being ribbed rayon rather than plain cotton but it also is authentic and the simple size stamp is what I'd expect to see.

Not your typical issued NCO cap and all the more interesting for that.
                    Thanks Ben. It seems like everyone is split down the middle on this one. I personally think it is real, yet a very unique/strange example. I think if some of the other members held this hat in person they might have a different opinion...but of course that could be me being optimistic!

Comment

Wow, I just looked at this thread after I noticed it had over a thousand views, and for an EM/NCO lid? Hat is original, the vet just gussied it up a bit with braid and a political eagle. End of story.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        Wow, I just looked at this thread after I noticed it had over a thousand views, and for an EM/NCO lid? Hat is original, the vet just gussied it up a bit with braid and a political eagle. End of story.
                        Stone, thanks for your input. Still trying to find a maker. Any ideas?

Comment

Thought I'd bump this one to the top for more opinions

Comment

Not a thing wrong with you hat other than its a non standard type and maybe the eagle was upgraded by the gi that brought it back..Billbert

Comment

pz cap

an original cap

may be selfupgrade from the soldier

a fhureranwarter ( candidate officer) ,for the freetime uniform.

also possible the billibert's idea
                              but the cap is OK

regards

bubaku

Comment

Thanks a lot for the comments gentlemen!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X