Odd Erel Sweatband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Erel Sweatband

This was posted on one of the dealer sites. Note that the s/b lacks the reed, and appears to be a 1/2 sewn, and the other 1/2 with a partial (velvet?) cushion. The description does not refer to any Erel markings on the sweatband.

I do not recall ever seeing an Erel sweatband set-up of this type, but maybe I am having a senior moment--has anyone else?

Also, note how the black stirndruckfrei is unevenly applied in relation to the buttons:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

I don't like this mix of EREL and other manufacured parts on one cap.
    I have seen some very professional restored caps made from this bright stuff.
    It is hard to see the difference without having in hands.

In my opinion better stay away from all this curios mix of manufacture caps!

Cheers,
    steiner99

Comment

not for my collection

Comment

Looks like it was for somebody's collection--it is no longer on Regimental's site.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

In my opinion better stay away from all this curios mix of manufacture caps!

Agree 100 %

Comment

Really a very simple answer; A "Marke Standard" Sweatband delivery truck got the wrong address and delivered his load to the EREL factory. Being thrifty, and not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, the manager at the EREL factory decided that no one would notice the difference.
            What a cynical group you guys are!

Comment

Just looking at the cap from the outside, it does not scream "Erel" to me. It doesn't even softly whisper it in my ear...

Don

Comment

When buying a new piece i always ask myself.. Could i sell easily 1sweat1sweat: ??????

With this piece its a NO !!!!

I dont like it at all & i would feel uncomfortable with a piece like this in my collection !!!!

Comment

OK, gents, how 'bout this one....:

http://www.wwiidaggers.com/31995.htm
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                    OK, gents, how 'bout this one....:

http://www.wwiidaggers.com/31995.htm
                    Not for me; the peak underside is smooth, and the crown piping looks poorly joined at the rear. An Erel Privat with a grey sweatband? Also, I did not see an Erel logo on the sweatband.
                    For this price, you can, with a bit of bargaining, perhaps, pick up a nice LW white-topped officer's cap.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I am not a fan of the insignia on that LW officer's lid, and the sweat band is like nothing I have seen on an Erel. I can give the cap the benefit of the doubt assuming the band (and maybe the visor) have been replaced, but DAMN - $2K for that?

Also - anybody notice how the piping is joined on the top band at the rear?

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                        I am not a fan of the insignia on that LW officer's lid, and the sweat band is like nothing I have seen on an Erel. I can give the cap the benefit of the doubt assuming the band (and maybe the visor) have been replaced, but DAMN - $2K for that?

Also - anybody notice how the piping is joined on the top band at the rear?

Don

Yes, that one is
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

But here is a good one I was asked about (people had concerns over the gray s/b):
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Logo for above:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

How 'bout this one:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X