We have lost a dear friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have lost a dear friend

After a courageous two and a half year fight with cancer,we have lost one of our family.My friend,co-author and WAF member Robby Wilson passed on.His battle with this terrible disease rivaled any fight ever fought in any foxhole.
    This forum is too limited,and my own personal sense of loss too great,to take the time necessary to outline the accomplishments of this man.

He loved this hobby.It was his passion.He amassed a collection of visor caps and his beloved helmets that was unrivaled.But his uniqueness was in his desire to give back to the collecting community.
    He started the Wilson History and Research center with the lone goal of educating collectors.His website is second to none and provides the web's most advanced and collector friendly free research site
    Robby was also instrumental in assembling the technology and research behind XRFacts,a tool devoted to eradicating counterfeiting in this hobby.
    Robby was also a lawyer,philanthropist and community leader .
    Mostly, he was a good old boy who loved his 2 children and loved this crazy hobby,
    The doctors initially gave him 6 weeks.That was 2 and a half years ago.he passed with the same strength,dignity and faith in which he lived.
    While I miss him .I know that he would want us to celebrate his life not mourn his death
    Last edited by paul s.; 08-05-2012, 08:44 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Please accept our sympathies. R.I.P.

Comment

Damn, I never knew the guy but i'm sorry for the loss.

Comment

Sorry to hear of his passing..great web site... Billbert

Comment

Paul,

Please accept my condolences.

Mark

Comment

Indeed, a terrible loss. Condolences to his friends and family.
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this, Paul. Robby's books and site are a fitting legacy to a great educator in this hobby!

Comment

Deeply saddened by the passing of a great collector. Although I did not personally know him, his work and his site allowed many to become more learned.

Condolences to his wife and family.

Comment

My condolences
                  I am very interested to see his website, can you place the URL here?

Comment

http://www.militaryheadgear.com/

Comment

My condolences to you and Robby's family. Robby was a pleasant gentleman who was always willing to share information. Aside from amassing a fantastic collection, he was a credit to our hobby and was gentleman to all he met.

Sadly, the battle was lost, but the collecting community, like his family and friends, suffer the loss, also.

Bob Hritz
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Although I never met him, it is obvious that both he and I shared the same passion for the hobby, down to the most obscure (and unwanted) civil visor.

He accomplished that which most of us can only dream about--being a very advanced collector, author, museum curator, but most importantly, someone who was willing to share his collection with the world and not limit access to only a select few.

He simply was the type of collector we should all aspire to be, and he will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, and his good friend Paul S.
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

hi

Hi
                          I dident now you but have loved your books and your internet site.
                          Thanks for all the help and pleasure you have give me.

R.I.P

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X