Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery Visor Cap

Hi all.
    In my opinion, this visor is totally original, but I seek more views of it.
    Thanks, best regards.

The visor has no manufacturer marking. The interior is very dirty, there are even traces of blood in my opinion. The exterior is better maintained and clean, this is strange about this visor.

Comment

Originally posted by Messheresmit View Post
      The visor has no manufacturer marking. The interior is very dirty, there are even traces of blood in my opinion. The exterior is better maintained and clean, this is strange about this visor.
      Because the wear, sweat and hair oil stained the inside. That is one strange looking eagle, seems the insignia has been played with? jacques

Comment

You see white patches on the front of the visor body, appears to be salt of sweat, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
          Because the wear, sweat and hair oil stained the inside. That is one strange looking eagle, seems the insignia has been played with? jacques
          The eagle is dented and has broken the right wing.

Comment

I will present pictures of the eagle

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hallo

Nice salty visor heavily restored (visor restitched) and with some damages to the cardboard.

It seems to me that there is the ghost of a maker's mark where the sweatshield was: a sort of a circle ( just for example as for the FeWeGla's). So, you have to search a maker's mark with a circle in the upper part, no stirndruckfrei and no frischluft. Good luck ! Just my opinion of course ...

Comment

Can it be a repair time of IIIReich?.

Comment

Is this a repair new or old?

Comment

This is impossible to say. It would take the test for carbon-14.

Seriously, the thread of the stitching looks old and therefore this may be possible.

Comment

Looks like a period repair to me. Jacques

Comment

I'm with Jacques. Period repair but a good artillery offcier cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X