very rare Willy Sprengfeil Tropical M40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very rare Willy Sprengfeil Tropical M40

1/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

The eagle looks reapplied but I could live with that,

Chris
    Attached Files

2/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

3/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

4/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

5/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

6/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
            Attached Files

Comment

7/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

9/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

10/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
                  Attached Files

Comment

11/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
                    Attached Files

Comment

12/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
                      Attached Files

Comment

13/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
                        Attached Files

Comment

14/ Not often that you see a tropical M40 by this maker, let alone an officer example by them.

Chris
                          Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

I recall when this one appeared for sale and immediately had many questions in my mind about it. I just didn't feel comfortable at all with this one. Just a few little features that had me questioning it. One thing that stands out is the 'fluffy' look of some of the twill that you can see in the photos. This definitely isn't something that I would expect to see on a well worn cap.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
                              Chris,

I recall when this one appeared for sale and immediately had many questions in my mind about it. I just didn't feel comfortable at all with this one. Just a few little features that had me questioning it. One thing that stands out is the 'fluffy' look of some of the twill that you can see in the photos. This definitely isn't something that I would expect to see on a well worn cap.

Mark
                              Thanks Mark,

your observations are very interesting. Tropical M40's by Willy Sprengfeil are not well known. Many who collect DAK have never seen one. This is why I put this one up for others to see, and hopefully get their thoughts about it.

I am collecting information about Willy Sprengfeil maker stamps and this one intrigued me because of the font used for the date. It is not a usual Willy Sprengfeil type of font ???

At this stage, I am not making a call one way or the other. I am just hoping to hear what others think or have seen.

Many thanks for taking the time to add your feelings about it,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X