Nice Luft M43 cap single button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Luft M43 cap single button

This is a nice Luftwaffe M43 cap single button style. It is a size 59 by Karl Werner Meiningen date 1943. Asking $600.00

Payment by paypal.
    Attached Files

Moving this one from E stand for discussion.

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I´m sorry, this is a fake made in Czech Republic.

Comment

Sorry, but can you explain this more to me. I have never seen a fake hat like this and Karl Werner was a legit hat maker. Can ypu post another Czech fake like this? Thanks.

Jeff

Comment

fake cap for sure they like to mix them up a bit sometimes with maker marks and others with RB numbers do you see the same characteristics and sometimes they even use original insignia,which none of these examples posted have
          Attached Files
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

another
            Attached Files
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

FYI airborne, it is generally a bad sign if a Luftwaffe cap dated 43 or 44 is maker marked. But there are many other details wrong with the cap you posted. It is indeed a fake.
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, I have never seen this version of fake. Nicely made regardless.

I wish it would be a law that all fake military items German, U.S., ect. had to be clearly maked as "Repro" but I quess the crooks would never let that law be passed.

Comment

It's very interesting to note that we have some fake visors with the stamping of:
                  Spezialhaus fur Uniformen Armin Griener Bad Warmbrunn / Rsgb. Leipzig - Cottbus Sonderklasse

and now also some LW fieldcaps with the stamping of:
                  Armin Greiner Bad Warmbrunn / Rsgb.

Bad Warmbrunn now is Cieplice Śląskie-Zdrój in Poland.
                  Rsgb. means Riesengebirge.

My appeal to counterfeiters: at least, decide on the spelling!

Comment

The ultimate evidence: No Greiner or Griener in the Adressbuch für den Kreis Hirschberg 1927:

http://adressbuecher.genealogy.net/e...name&order=asc

Comment

Direct link - Armin GRIENER subject

Hello Radek,

This is the link of the thread.

I'm curious to know more about "Armin GRIENER", who seems to be a ghost capmaker. Till now, I have no evidence of his life...

To read you.

Thanks.

Stenton

Comment

Originally posted by Stenton View Post
                        Hello Radek,

This is the link of the thread.

I'm curious to know more about "Armin GRIENER", who seems to be a ghost capmaker. Till now, I have no evidence of his life...

To read you.

Thanks.

Stenton
                        Hi Stento,

we can start to write not by privat messages, but thrue forum. I can´t tell you something more about this maker Griener, but I´m sure about those caps. One more point that they are fake and I know from who is that he doesn´t have button hole machine, so all his button holes are everytime hand made. Inside missing reinforcement, everytime same patina...

Regards Radek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X