Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sidecaps help needed

Good day Guys

I found some caps for sale locally and would appreciate some help to make sure they are ok. Unfortunately the seller only has a phone camera to send pictures to me so the pics are not great. To me the tropical one looks ok but as always I would like to get some more opinions. I have no idea whether the Heer EM cap is good or not

Barry
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Barry, the inf side cap does not look good from these pictures. Jacques

Comment

Last picture. Wish I had better pics to post but this is all I have for now unfortunately. Looking forward to any comments

Thanks for looking.

Barry
            Attached Files

Comment

Barry,
              Can't comment on the wool caps, but the un-issued tropical sidecap is a good one. I'd like to see close-ups of the insignia before buying, though...
              Regards,
              Mark

Comment

Barry,

the wool sidecap is a Dutch cap made by "J.P.Mol Breda" which has has been modified by the Germans for their use. I presume that such caps were captured from stocks in Holland in 1940,

Chris

Comment

Both are fine..as said dutch rework...Billbert

Comment

Hello Barry,

The tropical looks perfectly fine and I'd hazard a guess that the insignia is untouched.
                    Difficult to see but I'd bet my money on it. Not as desirable as early caps but still fine.
                    I don't think it would be worth much more than a few hundred dollars in all honesty.

Take care

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by barry1954 View Post
                      Good day Guys

I found some caps for sale locally and would appreciate some help to make sure they are ok. Unfortunately the seller only has a phone camera to send pictures to me so the pics are not great. To me the tropical one looks ok but as always I would like to get some more opinions. I have no idea whether the Heer EM cap is good or not

Barry
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=446254
                      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Thanx for the link Lenny, very informative. I see some of the caps had grommets and some didn't. Jacques

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys and to Lenny for the link to the thread-nice to see all the variations and how they were marked. I'll be adding both caps to the collection and will post some new pics when they arrive.
                          Barry

Comment

Looks to me like the tropical cap is an original Hans Brandt from the insignia application & rb# Another from the beehive cache.

Comment

Nice score. Both 100% and the inf.wool one is indeed a Dutch rework which explains the seam. I own its twin from ebay for little money because nobody (the uninformed) trusted it!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 04-02-2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X