Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Fez question

BLUE? 'division?'
    ,,I just ran across this and now wondering,from the bay,wth?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-ELITE...item27c2fac165
    cheers,
    PaulMann

Interesting find, Paul. I think the "blue color issue" could be due to the lighting. However, having said that, to me it looks that the "bird position" is unnaturally high on this fez and somewhat too big. Perhaps it is just a variation and/or the way the fez was stored. I am not sure about that sweatband either. The stitching inside, where the skull used to be, does look good though I cannot tell if the thread is green colored or not (this is what I have usually noticed to be the case with gray fezzes). I don't think I'd be buying this unless it remained cheap enough, though I could certainly be wrong (would not be the first or the last time)......

Hopefully someone else who handled more of these will chime in before the auction ends.

Comment

Its a humped-up fake!

Comment

Thank you

,,Much appreciated, an odd bird indeed.
        regards,
        Paul

Comment

,,going up?

,,now @ $405.00..17 bids with two days left...hmm?
          Paul
          Last edited by PaulMann; 02-08-2012, 11:06 PM. Reason: 1

Comment

Originally posted by V.I.D. View Post
            Interesting find, Paul. I think the "blue color issue" could be due to the lighting. However, having said that, to me it looks that the "bird position" is unnaturally high on this fez and somewhat too big. Perhaps it is just a variation and/or the way the fez was stored. I am not sure about that sweatband either. The stitching inside, where the skull used to be, does look good though I cannot tell if the thread is green colored or not (this is what I have usually noticed to be the case with gray fezzes). I don't think I'd be buying this unless it remained cheap enough, though I could certainly be wrong (would not be the first or the last time)......

Hopefully someone else who handled more of these will chime in before the auction ends.
            ,,What there is looks to have been a bigger bird indeed!
            Which brings us to the shadow or..lack there of?
            Interesting how the auction is going and no it's not cheap enough any more.
            I didn't intent to break any rules by
            posting the ebain link.

Thanks again for comments.

Paul
            Last edited by PaulMann; 02-08-2012, 11:16 PM. Reason: 1

Comment

C'mon...this is a former Muslim SS panzermann, and he had his early beret insignia sewn on his custom fez.

Can't you guys figure out anything?

Richard

Comment

Either the hat's very small or it had over-size insignia

Comment

Fez yes, Waffen-SS NO

Comment

I think that is original here is mine, the color has been changed from the digital camera or time
                    Attached Files

Comment

But look at the sweatband of the one being offered! Nothing like your original one- these were factory made and there are only a few variations...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                        But look at the sweatband of the one being offered! Nothing like your original one- these were factory made and there are only a few variations...
                        Sweatband was a big red flag, indeed. I think that the top of fez looks very weird, the part where tassel connects to the fez does not fit the typical gray fez picture (they are more "fuzzy" then maroon ones in that area; compare to photos of Ferdinandmax's fez or this one from The Ruptured Duck: http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...rhdgr/hg49.htm). Sadly, the price is now $ 435.00 and 21 more hour to go.....someone is going to pay dearly for a lesson.

Ferdinandmax, your fez is

Originally posted by PaulMann View Post
                        ,,What there is looks to have been a bigger bird indeed!
                        Which brings us to the shadow or..lack there of?
                        Interesting how the auction is going and no it's not cheap enough any more.

Paul
                        No, it is not cheap anymore and certainly not worth $ 400 and a change, though I am sure that won't be a final price. Gotta love WAF!

Comment

well worth the price of admission

,,thanks again guys, I'm not going to lose much sleep over this one.
                          Best,
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
                            I think that is original here is mine, the color has been changed from the digital camera or time
                            Sergio, yours is original but the one in post #1 is not a W-SS Fez

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X