No announcement yet.

Obersturmführer's visor cap of 1. NSKK Transport-Regiment Luftwaffe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kurt--fantastisch! As you know, I have passed on every NSKK-LW visor I have looked at, simply because they all appeared to be LW visors with post-war added NSKK insignia. & as you know, this organisation is very obscure, and there is almost nothing published in any detail on it (or the Heer-NSKK units). Not only is this rare, but it the grouping has historical significance.

Further, I used to think that all the good hat-groupings had left Germany years ago--but Kurt reminds us again and again that this is not the case!

PS--they need a German version of "Treasure Hunters" with Kurt as the star!
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

MLH sent me this pic. I would presume that Deutsches Uniformhaus was a distributor for Kornacker, but who knows--whatever they were, they were not a maker, but a distributor:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
        PS--they need a German version of "Treasure Hunters" with Kurt as the star!
        Chris,

In case you didn't know, Kurt is way too good looking to be on one of those "German Pickers" type shows. Plus he doesn't have a goofy sidekick...SHE is also way too good looking.

Richard

Comment

Hi Kurt,
          Wow! I am just amazed at how you are constantly able to find such rare and historically interesting items, be they paintings and artwork, or visor caps! I also love it when something like this surfaces with photographic evidence to proof it. There is just nothing better for someone interested in history than a find like this.
          Congratulations Kurt, and thank you for sharing with all of us,
          Curtiss

Comment

hi

Hi Kurt
            Congrats a new great group to a great collection

Comment

Thanks everyone for their kind comments !

I agree that this is a grouping that teaches us a lot and I therefore decided to post everything that was in the album for those who care to see it and for future reference. You will see "regular" NSKK wreaths on "LW" visor caps and LW-style ones. Here is a link to that other thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=567620

If anyone feels he needs to see better scans or close-ups, just contact me

Kurt

Here are two examples of what I was talking about:
              Attached Files

Comment

I'll bet this one on the e-stand is LW-NSKK as well--same maker, along with "clipped" wings:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=704412
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Bad photos, but you get the idea......
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great grouping! I hadn't seen this thread before.

Comment

I'll bet this one on the e-stand is LW-NSKK as well--same maker, along with "clipped" wings:

I'm not so sure, the one on the e-stand appears to have had the "wings" attached for a good long time, judging from the shadows.

Comment

Just saw this thread so thanks for the bump. Beautiful portrait and visor.

Do you still own these pieces Kurt?

Comment

Great thread...Glad to see it reappear at the top ! An amazing group! He was indeed stationed in Belgium "Flandern", as the post card reads. That feld grau painted staff car was requistioned and still carries a Belgian license plate (red/white) + "WL" stencilling added because of the civilian plate...not uncommon early on (in 1941). I think the painting was also done in Belgium as its dated 1941 and reads "Knokke" ,even though it looks like "Knakke" but that's just a brush stroke issue, the painter is N.Coster (Flemish no doubt but looks like Caster...same letter issue... Knokke is a sea-side resort in Flanders.
                          This explains the coastal pictures strolling along the oceanfront boulevard, with the Kriegsmadel and (beach) bunker (=coastal fortifications).
                          Painting is from 1941, so is the postcard (stating Kriegsjahr '41) so it all ties in together perfectly! Very cool!
                          Last edited by NickG; 11-17-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

I hope member drillich45 won't mind that I post two pics of this cap for future reference. I'd agree that the wings look like they were clipped more recently but the maker's label is definitely more legible than on my example ....
                            Attached Files

Comment

@ Leroy -- beautiful piece, thanks for sharing

@ NickG -- thanks for taking the time to look at this stuff and share your knowledge. Especially the part with the Belgian vehicles was very helpful

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
                                (...)
                                Do you still own these pieces Kurt?
                                I most certainly do Adam. This grouping survived all the purges in my collection and even worst, it triggered my interest in the NSKK and Transportgruppe Speer branch. I've been searching for a nice representative example from an "NSKK land unit" & was rewarded this week.

Here is a little preview of my new NSKK visor. Will post some detailed pics in a separate thread once the weather here in Germany allows taking it outside...

Kurt
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X