Obersturmführer's visor cap of 1. NSKK Transport-Regiment Luftwaffe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obersturmführer's visor cap of 1. NSKK Transport-Regiment Luftwaffe

I would like to share my latest find you.

I love period oil paintings with headgear in wear and when I saw this one of an NSKK Obersturmführer in a Luftwaffe Uniform with NSKK badges, I immediately fell in love. Never had I seen this type of uniform before and especially the fact that it served as "proof" that the NSKK Transport-Regiment Luftwaffe also wore "regular" Luftwaffe officer's Schirmmützen with the NSKK eagle made this more exciting. The painting is dated 1941 but then again, everyone can have it made postwar and write a different date on it...

After inquiring about it, I learned that the visor cap was also still there (and supposedly the same one as in the painting). Granted, the wreath looks similar in the painting but the cap was not only very salty but also everything but textbook. Why should I be the idiot buying that story so I hesitated for a long time. I explained that anyone could just rebadge a Luftwaffe visor and pass it along as NSKK unless there is also rock solid photografic evidence. Well guess what, the family also kept the photo album and when I looked at everything today, I knew I had the joker!!!

In my opinion, it doesn't get better than this, especially with an ultra rare branch like the NSKK Transport-Regiment Luftwaffe. I spent the past couple of weeks searching this forum for information about this unit and obviously didn't find much. I would like to give something back to the collecting community by posting as much as you care to see. I will start with pics of the visor, the painting and MY FAVORITE, the visor in wear.

Best regards... Kurt
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kurt; 01-14-2012, 08:46 AM.

Most collectors would probably pass if they saw just the visor... but the photo album changes that story...
    Attached Files

Comment

May I introduce... NSKK Obersturmführer Schönberger from Graz (if anyone has any information on this individual, I'd greatly appreciate it).
      Attached Files

Comment

direct comparison...
        Attached Files

Comment

Here he is hanging out with some Blitzmädchen...
          Attached Files

Comment

back to two shots of the actual visor...
            Attached Files

Comment

... more shots of NSKK Obersturmführer Schönberger wearing the cap... note that the car is registered through the Luftwaffe.
              Attached Files

Comment

you are probably waiting for interior shots... not yet

Here are some details of the painting. Note the CT. There were two types of Luftwaffe CTs and I'd say this doesn't say "NSKK-Brigade Luftwaffe" so it can only be "1. NSKK Transport-Regiment Luftwaffe". Does anyone know something about this unit?
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is one picture in the album (our protagonist is not in it) with someone wearing a CT that is not covered... can you make it out?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is the date on the painting. The picture in which he is standing in the car also bears the date 1941...
                    Attached Files

Comment

... here are some interior shots. I strongly suspect it is foreign made (which would also explain the unusual wreath) but I cannot make it out exactly.

I can read:

Deutsches
                      Uniform Haus
                      ??? Bd. du Jerdi?? ????nique
                      something

Any clues?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ugly black sweat band blue interior...
                        Attached Files

Comment

OK, I'll stop posting now, just two more of NSKK Obersturmführer Schönberger with the visor... hope you are as excited about my find as I am.

Best Kurt
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! I have a similar cap, but the band is brown velvet vs. ribbed mohair- I've never been able to figure out the significance of these variations!

Comment

A nice score and great addition to your collection! The interior is different for sure and I'm thinking foreign made as well, but as the writing is in German, perhaps from the former Sudetenland?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X