X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding Kurt, a great find!
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

That's a really beautifull catch right there!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for their positive comments ... I just realized that one hint was there as to where he was stationed and where the visor may have been produced.

On the back of one of the photos it says:

Zur Erinnerung
        an Flandern im ??? 1941

Dein Vatti

Can anyone decypher the name of the place?

Arran -- from the regulations I studied, this cap should have a brown capband... maybe it was availability?

Kurt
        Attached Files

Comment

I think it says Kriegsjahr
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Awesome Kurt, simply amazing!!!! A perfect addition to your outstanding collection.
            That cap is pretty rare in my eyes.
            Matt

Comment

I'm I allowed to say that I like the painting more than the hat?

The hat is a bit of an ugly duckling but very interesting non the less. I've never seen an interior like that before. Just when you think you've seen everything, something like this comes along!

Comment

very nice

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                  I'm I allowed to say that I like the painting more than the hat? (...)
                  Well, I will admit that it was the painting that caught my attention but with the context, what was I supposed to do?

@Gene, thanks man --- yes, it helps to be able to read German in this hobby !

Kurt

Comment

What can one say except, WOW!!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
                      Well, I will admit that it was the painting that caught my attention but with the context, what was I supposed to do?
                      Buy it of course! the unusual hats are always the most interesting.

Comment

Stunning find, congratulations Kurt!

Comment

@Gene, thanks man --- yes, it helps to be able to read German in this hobby !

Kurt
                          Bist du Deutsch?
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Ho hum...yawn...please, somebody wake me when this thread is over.

Ha ha, I should have known you were uncovering some lost treasure when you go silent for a while. Quite ugly, but like a favorite pooch, its so ugly it cute...and it kind of grows on you. I think it is actually rather cool looking, I like that is is different from the normal wreath, etc. That interior screams "foreign made."

You really must be on cloud nine knowing how much you love those paintings, and to get the hat, and then the photos. Too bad they didn't save the uniform...or perhaps they will let you search the far recesses of the attic.

Congratulations and well done!

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                              Bist du Deutsch?
                              Until I realized I couldn't read German I kind of thought I was.

Well, my Mom moved to Germany from Argentina when she was 18. I grew up thinking I was 50% Argentinan and never really thought about why my Grandfather had such a heavy German accent when he spoke Spanish. His wife (my Grandmother) was Danish (they married in 1940) so I guess I'm at least 75% German...

Richard... did you actually admit you liked my grouping? Danke!

Kurt

Comment

Until

Richard... did you actually admit you liked my grouping? Danke!

Kurt
                                Kurt,

Yes...I had to get there by way of misdirection...insults...distraction...and humor.

You have WAY too many great things, so I have to meander around for a while and sneak my compliments in and hope no one notices.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X