Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Ortsgruppe Visor for Opinions...

Hi all,

I just received this visor and have a couple questions I need opinions on...
    1. What do you think about the insignia (eagle and wreath)? I've seen other caps with the gray wreaths, but WHY is it gray versus gold to match the eagle?
    2. What do you think about the chin-strap? It looks very new and too yellow to me.
    3. Should there be an RZM tag underneath the sweatband or is it common for those to be missing?

I have another NSDAP visor cap that has the RZM tag, a gold wreath, a slightly different eagle (higher quality and more detailed), and a chin-strap that more closely matches the brown of the cap's fabric...

http://ibuyworldwar2.com/nsdap-political-visor-cap/

...so I'm curious about the differences I'm seeing between these two caps.

Photos of the cap in question...

Thanks for the help!
    Dzyner

Hey dzyner,
    The wreath looks this way because it has simply lost its gold finish. The chincord looks ok to me, and I have seen other late war caps with this color. I lack the expertise to say whether or not it is original to this cap. In terms of the RZM tag, I have seen plenty of original caps without them.

Comment

Sorry, double post - mod please delete.

Hey dzyner,
      The wreath looks this way because it has simply lost its gold finish. The chincord looks ok to me, and I have seen other late war caps with this color. I lack the expertise to say whether or not it is original to this cap. In terms of the RZM tag, I have seen plenty of original caps without them.

Comment

Wreath is zinc. When made, it originally had a gold finish. On these zinc-made wreaths, the finish is absorbed over time.

Cord is celleon--a synthetic, and is also correct for the period.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Some RZM tags were loosely sewn in, and fall out over time. No big deal--yours is 100% original.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Glad to know the cap's parts are original. I was concerned for a bit. Sucks about the zinc wreaths. They look so much better in gold.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X