help with picking a visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with picking a visor

I purchased the below M36 Oberlt artillery uniform last summer and I have started putting together a display. I would like to get a nice visor for the display. However I know that there is a great variance as the the material and quality of visors. Could someone post a pic of a visor that would match this type of uniform as to quality. Also what could I expect to pay for a visor that matches this uniform? Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

close up of material
    Attached Files

Comment

Have a look at this one on the e-stand http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...92#post5036092
      Attached Files

Comment

I have seen that one on the e-stand. However the quality of the material seems to be much better then the material on my uniform. Does that makes sense?

Comment

Dosn't matter at all! Caps and jackets where almost always different materials or different shade of colour if same typ of gabardine cloth for example...

So it's a absolute no worry The one posetd above would go beautiful with your tunic!

Comment

Paul, your tunic has a spange indicating WW1 service. A high quality cap would match it perfectly and the price is good as well. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
              Paul, your tunic has a spange indicating WW1 service. A high quality cap would match it perfectly and the price is good as well. Jacques
              yes

Comment

Thank you all for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko View Post
                  Thank you all for the help.
                  The color of the wool of the visor on Estand is bit too grayish for my taste, I like blueish-green hue better, more like high-ranks had. Also an officer visor with the "saddle" shape would look much nicer --> better for WH-classic look! Art visors are pretty common and not expensive you won't have a problem to find one for your display.

Comment

Originally posted by A c h t u n g ! View Post
                    The color of the wool of the visor on Estand is bit too grayish for my taste, I like blueish-green hue better, more like high-ranks had. Also an officer visor with the "saddle" shape would look much nicer --> better for WH-classic look! Art visors are pretty common and not expensive you won't have a problem to find one for your display.
                    Thanks, Would you post a picture of a visor with a blueish-green hue?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko View Post
                      Thanks, Would you post a picture of a visor with a blueish-green hue?
                      It is almost same as your tunic

Comment

Like Achtung, I prefer the blueish-green color too. However, Achtung, is it an established fact that high-ranks visors (uniforms too?) are mostly made of blueish-green fabrics? I always thought it was a random thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Koguryo9 View Post
                          Like Achtung, I prefer the blueish-green color too. However, Achtung, is it an established fact that high-ranks visors (uniforms too?) are mostly made of blueish-green fabrics? I always thought it was a random thing.
                          I believe that it was not a random thing for high-rank officers uniforms to be mostly made of blueish-green and higher-quality fabrics.
                          For example you can browse this website and see some examples of high-rank uniforms.
                          http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/GFM%20Uniforms.htm

Comment

Originally posted by A c h t u n g ! View Post
                            I believe that it was not a random thing for high-rank officers uniforms to be mostly made of blueish-green and higher-quality fabrics.
                            For example you can browse this website and see some examples of high-rank uniforms.
                            http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/GFM%20Uniforms.htm
                            I am sure high-ranking visors and uniforms tend to use better quality materials such as fine doeskin or gabardine, but in terms of the color, perhaps it was just a matter of personal preference, no official guidelines or rules etc. were dictated at the factories?

Very interesting topic, Achtung!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X