Heer m-43 cap "42' dated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer m-43 cap "42' dated

ok guys here we have with out question an very nice one looker originan army m-43 cap IMO it is dated "42" note how the stamp was struck or slipped on the left side as viewed i pictured several shots of the markings in different lighting conditions and in hand a #2 is popping out at me ,let me know what you guys think 42 or 43
    Attached Files
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Attached Files
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lenny,

It is a "42" for me

Frank

Comment

for me is 42

Comment

42 for sure. Matt

Comment

From that stamp I make "42" also Lenny.

Comment

Have seen about 4 of this very cap in my collecting days..42 dated and quite real.. Billbert

Comment

I have one of these from the same maker but could not make out the depot and date due to a weak stamp...Certainly looks to be 42 so it's nice to finally know.

Glenn
                      Attached Files
                      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Attached Files
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Comment

And again - it just goes to show - as with 'm43' & 'm42' tropical tunics (produced in 1942 & 1941 respectively) we need to be a bit more factual with the general nomenclature of militaria collecting...
                            Nice one, Lenny
                            Mark

Comment

Lenny it's a beautiful example and certainly looks to be stamped "42". I had a '42 dated Panzer one as well for many years. The problem I see is that the same crowd who are insisting that "M-41" caps now be called "M-40s" after seeing several '40 dated examples is probably going to want to push for a renaming of the "M-43" cap. The problem is; the name "M-42" is already taken, maybe "M-42+1/2". We had better let them work this out, in the meantime I'm still calling them "M-43s" (and the tropical models "M-41").

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X