• Show
Clear All

M43 fieldcap on the E-Stand

Guys,would like to know what do you think of this one,thanks

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560657
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

would want to see some pics of this material,right now i dont have hi hopes for this one
      Attached Files
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
        would want to see some pics of this material,right now i dont have hi hopes for this one
        me neither

Comment

too many red flags.

thread used the first one

Comment

M43

Oh really, and Sir in your opinion, state the 'red flags', if you would be so kind. Thanks.

Comment

Not for me, sorry.
              HC

Comment

This cap has been sold, and I have guaranteed the new owner of it's authenticity, not that I need to really because the buyer has the mandatory 7 days to return it if felt that it is not as described. Meanwhile I would like to address the worries which others have shown from behind their comfortable arm chairs from "far, far, away"!

First, the color of my pictures is somewhat off due to the camera and elements in which I was photographing this particular cap but it is standard German fieldgray wool and of proper construction.

Secondly, the arrow in the above photo shows the "facing" material used as an underlying "stiffiner" where needed in the area used and is quite common.

Thirdly, I purchased this cap 22 years ago from a veteran whom I know quite well who served with the 45th Infantry Div. during the push through Italy and is now 96 years old!

And last but not least, I have had at least half a dozen requests at every show (including the MAX) that I have done for many years now if I would sell it (as it is always on my display manniquine which goes everywhere I do), but I have refused, until now because I have bought a GJ crusher to take it's place.

I have NO doubt that the new owner will enjoy it for as long as he may own it, just as I have.

Respectfully,

Chuck

Comment

ha

Some of these forum experts kill me! That is one fine looking one looker M-43 in my opinion and I'd have been glad to add it to my collection!

Nice piece! Of course what would I know, only been collecting 35 years!

Comment

Originally posted by drbill View Post
                    Some of these forum experts kill me! That is one fine looking one looker M-43 in my opinion and I'd have been glad to add it to my collection!

Nice piece! Of course what would I know, only been collecting 35 years!
                    thats good to know and i am well aware of the bias material on m-43 caps i had some concerns of what type of material it is ,i am glad that both partys in this transaction are happy
                    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Follow up contact

Just wanted to end this thread with what the buyer had to say upon receipt:

"Just received the M43. I like it. In my opinion it is a late war cap, but still follows production protocol, i.e. the stiffener in the peak behind the trap, the hidden sweat band behind the liner, and the large size is, in my opinion, the reason for the unissued condition. I have always thought that large and smaller sizes that show up mint is reason for not being issued. the more common sizes, 57, 56 seem to be common and show a lot of wear.
                      Thank you again for a great hat and deal. Have a Merry Christmas Sir."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X