• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Visor Cap Repair Outfit

Boxcar Six--has anyone tried him?

http://www.mtzenfabrikderboxcarsix.com/index.html
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Thanks, Stonemint, for the link. He obviously takes pride in his work, though reproducing visors is nothing new. What I found particularly interesting are the repro panzer berets (his two piece model) - by the pictures the liner looks spot on, and the Lubstein lable is a nice touch. I would love to see one of those in person and see how it matches up with an original. If they are good, I hope this guy is adding to them (and the other caps) some mark to let collectors 20 years from now know that the piece is a reproduction.

Steve
    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
      Thanks, Stonemint, for the link. He obviously takes pride in his work, though reproducing visors is nothing new. What I found particularly interesting are the repro panzer berets (his two piece model) - by the pictures the liner looks spot on, and the Lubstein lable is a nice touch. I would love to see one of those in person and see how it matches up with an original. If they are good, I hope this guy is adding to them (and the other caps) some mark to let collectors 20 years from now know that the piece is a reproduction.

Steve
      I guess I'll be finding out as I'll be sending him a cap to put back together

Comment

Birgy, does he do repairs to visors other than crushers? In other words, can he re-attach vulkanfiber visors and re-place sweatbands?
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          Birgy, does he do repairs to visors other than crushers? In other words, can he re-attach vulkanfiber visors and re-place sweatbands?
          Yes! He sent me pics and it looks as though he did a great job but he said he mailed it back Saturday so wait till I get it back before u give him a shout

I'll post some before after pics too

Comment

I must say that he makes rather funny caps ..

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
              I must say that he makes rather funny caps ..

Jos.
              I hear ya. My only interest is repair, not buying goofy looking fakes

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjäger View Post
                I hear ya. My only interest is repair, not buying goofy looking fakes
                I'd hold off on sending anything to this guy. My hat still hasn't shown up and I received a rather odd reply from him. Thank God I didn't send an expensive cap

Comment

The verdict is in! Outstanding work. As always though, I'd use a degree of caution when sending anyone cash or valuable headgear. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjäger View Post
                    The verdict is in! Outstanding work. As always though, I'd use a degree of caution when sending anyone cash or valuable headgear. Good luck
                    Please show us some pics when you have time

Comment

before pic. not sure visor was original to the hat
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by R.Beck; 12-14-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
                          Last edited by R.Beck; 12-14-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

having problems uploading. Im having a bitch of a time. Time for a brief intermission....
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by R.Beck; 12-14-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

bad image
                              Last edited by R.Beck; 12-14-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X