Latest Visor Cap Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Visor Cap Book

" Les Casquettes Allemands " is the latest headgear book on the market, however, it is in French (but is mostly pictures). The format is softcover, and about 75 pages, all in glorious color.

It is a large-format book, the same size as the seminal French work, Les Coiffures Militaires du Troisieme Reich.

For some reason, the French always put out the best militaria books, at least in terms of graphic design--this one is laid-out in the format of the old "Militaria" magazine.
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Unfortunately, it covers only LW/W-SS/Heer/KM--no civil/political (but hopefully it will be in a future edition):
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Drawbacks are that there minimal interior shots, but you can't beat the price of 13.60 Euros.

Whether geared to the beginner or advance headgear collector, I buy every headgear book to support the hobby--you can find this on any of the European Ebay sites.
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Stonemint - These magazines/books are also being sold at different shows here in the US by the big military book dealer who usually sets up (but whose name, embarassingly, escapes me at the moment). I bought them and they are put together very well and worth having.

Comment

I picked up a copy at the MAX for $20 from one of the booksellers, it is a really nice photo-book. I have been reading it on the train and managed to draw some strange looks. I wish I spoke French as I am really curious about what the French text says.

Comment

Thanks Chris...I will put them on the "to pick up" list.

Richard

Comment

I bought a copy at the last MAX Show. An typically excellent French produced military book. It contains much good information, and excellent, all color photos, for $20.00.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

hello guys
                I love hats, I'm french and I work in print.
                I have a few copies of this book if you are interested.
                I can also translate the information if you have any questions.
                best

Comment

Originally posted by GEROME View Post
                  hello guys
                  I love hats, I'm french and I work in print.
                  I have a few copies of this book if you are interested.
                  I can also translate the information if you have any questions.
                  best
                  Can you translate the whole thing?

Comment

It does have a pic of what I consider to be the best-shaped SS visor I have seen--made by Schelly, of course:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Chris, do you think that Luftwaffe general's visor on page 46 (right above Goering's visor) is authentic? How come it has army Kleiderkasse marking? The whole cap looks very crude to me.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        It does have a pic of what I consider to be the best-shaped SS visor I have seen--made by Schelly, of course:
                        I thought the dog was way cuter than the visor!

Comment

Why would someone put their name tag in the sweat diamond, then a cut short version of the paper size tag?

Comment

Well, it looks like these hats are simply ones HH had in their auction. Here are better pics of the SS visor:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Head on shot:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X