Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Opinions on this Infantry Visor...

Hi all!

I'm reviewing this cap for purchase, and wanted to run it by the forum to see if I'm missing something. Looks like a nice original "teller" shaped Infantry Visor with missing eagle insignia.

Any red flags with this one? What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WW2 German Visor Caps.

hi

Hi
    Myebe its a Red cross cap?

Comment

Is Red Cross white piping as well? How about the cap in general; does it look good?

Comment

Good cap,it's a DRK , German Red Cross visor for enlisted men , missing a metal DRK cap eagle
        DRK had a greyish-white piping
        This visor has the correct large and closed DRK wreath

Comment

Red Cross as Mentioned... Billbert

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! Anyone know where I can find the proper eagle to replace on the cap? I've looked online and these seem to be hard to get a hold of, but not overly expensive. Perhaps someone reading this thread has one they're interested in selling?

Comment

Hi,

These cap eagles are hard to get,I agree....
              I found this nice,2nd. pattern metal cap eagle for you :

http://www.jessensrelics.com/MCMI/MCMI-091.html

Comment

Thanks DRK! Is the eagle on that site proper for this cap? I assume so since you're recommending it

What is the difference between this one and the version in your profile photo?

Comment

Hi,

Cap eagle is 100% o.k for this cap.
                  The eagle on my profile photo is a 1st. pattern cap eagle used from 1935-aprox. 1938.
                  The one in the link I gave you was introduced somewhere in 1938.
                  The man on the first picture has the 1st. pattern eagle on his visor,just like the one on my profile picture.... the man on the second picture has the 2nd. pattern cap eagle....
                  Please note that the man in the first pic. has a Wehrmacht Heer wreath on his cap instead of the "official" larger,closed DRK wreath...
                  It was common to see Heer wreaths on DRK caps,probably because of the lack of DRK wreaths..... just a supply matter :-)

Last edited by DRK; 11-12-2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info DRK! And for the photos. Good to see photos of both versions.

Unfortunately the eagle on the site you posted earlier has been sold. If you, or anyone else knows of a DRK visor eagle for sale somewhere, please PM me with a link (don't post the link on the forum). I'd like to get my hands on one so I can complete my cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X