TSD Visor to restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSD Visor to restore

I picked this up at a local show. It was crushed and abused but very affordable. I will post these as "Before" pictures and hope to work on it over the Winter. Has anyone seen a four prong device like what appears to have been applied. The eagle outline is clear on top but the bottom looks like something else was there. I suspect it was non-military badge etc. The wreath area likes like it was held on only by the prongs of the Kokarde pushed through the hat
    Attached Files

More details-
    Attached Files

Comment

How long will we have to wait for the "after" photos? We are very impatient you know..so work fast.

Richard

Comment

should be original

Comment

Johnny,

Are you done yet?

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
            Johnny,

Are you done yet?

Richard
            Richard, patient there... he wrote he "hope[s] to work on it over the Winter" --- where he lives, Winters are very long so try back in late April/early May .

I'd say this probably had a bullion wreath on there at some time. The device was maybe an extra Edelweiss or something with a two prong eagle...?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
              Richard, patient there... he wrote he "hope[s] to work on it over the Winter" --- where he lives, Winters are very long so try back in late April/early May .

I'd say this probably had a bullion wreath on there at some time. The device was maybe an extra Edelweiss or something with a two prong eagle...?
              Kurt,

Is he done yet?

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post

Richard is a "patient", kidding.

I need to reshape it and then resew the sweatband I have all the pieces to restore it and sew etc.

TSD with an edelweiss, neat. It is from a dealer who bought it from a picker in rural MN etc. so who knows.

Here is a quick restore job for Richard and one for Kurt, my edelweiss are in boxes etc. I will see if they match the ghost. looking at it I think something else was there.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X