SA Lagermuetze w/Piping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Lagermuetze w/Piping

I have an SA lagermuetze that is pictured in "Headgear of Hitler's Germany, Vol. 3", pp 316 and 584. It is a direct vet acquisition from Gr Hochland with typical eagle and edelweiss on the side; RZM tag inside. It is unique in that it has "unofficial" blue and white cord piping. The piping is original to the muetze manufacture, not added later, as it is professionally tucked in and sewn on.

Has anyone seen another piped lagermuetze from this or any other SA gruppe? I assume it may have been made for an officer. EBJ

I've only seen one, which looked exactly like yours except it had some moth damage. It also was a vet bringback along with 2 other SA caps--a Marine SA visor and a Hochland silver piped kepi.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks, Erich!

Use of the piping on officer lagermuetzen may have been peculiar to Gr Hochland or certain units within.

EBJ

Comment

See the 1932 SA Photo album STURM 32/40 on estand. This is obviously an early officer lagermuetze style that was later discontinued. Thanks for your input, Erich!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X