General Staff EREL at Manion's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Staff EREL at Manion's

I'm not able to post photos; perhaps someone else can, but did anyone see the authentic ( IMHO ) triple EREL General Staff officer's cap sell at Manion's auction last evening for only $ 651 ( plus 15% comm.)?
    From the photos, it appears to be in good, not great condition, with a rip in the sweatband, and some moth nips, but overall, an attractive cap.
    I realize that Manion's has recieved, with good reason, many negative comments, including from me, but they DO have the occasional good item, and sometimes, surprisingly "cheap."

Bob Shoaf

I 'd post some photos but unfortunately I didn't save any. I thought it would sell for at least twice that amount, someone got a nice deal

Comment

I was thinking about bidding on it, but i was away without internet so i forgot all about it. But i did save the photos.

50925-6044-1-W.jpg

50925-6044-2-W.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1853506[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1853505[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1853508[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1853507[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1853511[/ATTACH]

Comment

looks like a wonderful cap for a bargain price.

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos, Jon-Olav. I'm still surprised that this cap sold for what, half it's value, or less?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I bet that whoever consigned the hat is really PI$$ED! Easily 1/3 the value of the hat; a triple Erel with General Staff piping is a rare bird!

Comment

Damn… I have been on vacation 10-days now and did not see this before I left.

Comment

I got deked out on it at the last minute - the sweatband was in worse shape than the pictures showed, which is why I think it went so cheap (also because it could have been just plain 'ol Veterinary). Otherwise, it was a one-looker, IMO.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X