Hat Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat Badges

Hello all I am trying to find some information out on these hat badges. IE What type they are, what would be a fair price for them etc.

These items were recently discovered in a trunk of war souvenirs in the basement of a deceased WWII veteran, who brought them back from Germany.

The cap insignia pieces are in very nice condition, showing only light field wear. The red felt bulls-eye in the cockade of the smaller piece is complete and intact. All the prongs on both pieces are present and intact.

The soldier's personal documents include:

1. 2 copies of Headquarters - United States Forces European Theater certificate stating examination and authorization allowing him to retain as his personal property, a 7.65 Mauser #224406 (German), 1 revolver and 1 .22-caliber pistol, dated Sept. 11, 1945.

2. 2 copies of Certificate Of Retention and Customs Declaration for the same weapons described above.

3. His Immunization Register. (2 pieces)

4. His Army Exchange Ration Card - ETO, issued 18 August 1945.

5. His Selective Service Classification card, dated Dec. 10, 1940.

6. His Selective Service Registration Certificate, dated 16 October, 1940.

Mike
    USAF Retired
    Last edited by ffuries; 04-07-2011, 02:20 PM.

Both originals and fairly common. The first is for a Luftwaffe enlisted or NCO visor. The second is for a heer visor. Remember that you are not allowed to sell on this site unless you are a paid member.

Comment

I understand the selling thing, I just copied all the information I had on them, to try and find out what they are and are worth. I would hate to low-ball someone with an offer if they are worth more, with that said would hate to pay more if worth less.

To keep it all clean and legal I went back to the original post and deleted the for sale remark. These aren't mine and I have permission from the current owner to use his pictures and information to find out what they are and what the fair market value is.

Thank you and sorry for the confusion and all.

Mike
      USAF Retired
      Last edited by ffuries; 04-07-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X