Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer EM side cap

Hi guys,

I just got this one in the mail this afternoon. Nothing fancy, just a plain salty Heer enlisted side.
    Attached Files

Some close ups of the insignia
    Attached Files

Comment

Both the eagle and the cockade show wear and are nice and sunken into the fabric
      Attached Files

Comment

Some shots of the interior, the lining is made from two slightly different fabrics and is pieced in the front.
        Attached Files

Comment

More of the piecing in the the lining, the threads you can see are actually just a few stitches to hold the front of the cap to the body.
          Attached Files

Comment

The cap must have been folded for some time, there is worn crease in the cap and in naturally lays folded in half.
            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting cap. Appears to be privately made. Note use of pre war cockade.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post

And absemce of conventional vent holes/grommets. Nice!

-Ray-

Comment

Lovely cap. I really like these later issue wartime M34 caps.

Comment

Sweet cap!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                      I really studied the lining the other night and even though it is worn and soiled I can't find any trace of a stamp or mark so this makes perfect sense. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Comment

Great cap, and unusual that it's private purchase with no soutache. Usually when a soldier went to the trouble of buying a private purchase M34 he had his branch waffenfarbe included. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Here is another. Privately made. No grommets. No soutache.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X