Medical Officer's Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Officer's Hat

A friend of mine recently offered me a medical officer's hat as part of a trade and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is period and what it is worth. Thank you for your help.
    Attached Files

It has already been discussed and it is a nice original example

EDIT (After Mike's post) Yes, you should post it in the Cloth Headgear forum. Or ask for more opinions in the existing thread.

Comment

You should also post those images in the Cloth Headgear forum.

Mike

PS Looks like you have. Though I suppose the embroidered wreath could have been an added option during the period, I suspect it was added post-war. The "Frischluft" system would be useless without it and I have a hard time believing the maker would have delivered it this way, though not impossible. I also don't quite understand or like the padding under the sweatband in the front. It should look more like what I have attached here.
      Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Comment

More pictures.
          Attached Files

Comment

What happened, the first time I looked the photos were very small, any way an original cap.

Comment

I had accidently attached smaller ones but went back to attach the proper size ones. I liked the hat, it looked right but I am no expert. What do they usually go for?

Comment

$450 for an officers visor is a no brainer. I should keep the damned thing! On a serious note - it all depends on your preference. I am selling this at this (what I consider LOW) price because it came with another item and it doesn't fit into my collecting focus.

Funny that this started out as a Craigslist deal and now here we are. Maybe you take more comfort in knowing I am a WAF member.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X