Opinions wanted on m43 field cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions wanted on m43 field cap

Expert opinions are welcome. I'm not even 100% sure this is authentic but it came from my late father's collection so I have to ask. Thanks in advance for any advice you all may have.
    Attached Files

and a third pic of the inside. It has a cardboard holder that is difficult to remove without damaging it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Original hat,replaced insignia.IMO

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post

Glenn

I would agree

Richard

Comment

I concur.

Comment

How much does it hurt the value and can anyone tell if the insignia was replaced during the war or sometime more recently? Is the insignia itself authentic or a replica? The cap is in really nice shape overall. I plan on selling it and some other items on the estand soon. I'm ultimately looking to determine a ballpark value for the item. Many of these caps I see here and elsewhere look different so it's difficult for me to judge. Thanks again!

Comment

I go by the formula that original applied insignia is approx 50% of an M43's value - though some dealers would have you believe otherwise.
              Your hat if all original would be about $500-$600; I'd value it now about $250.00 - $300.00
              Of course, just my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post

Glenn
                agree with Glenn as we can see traces of the original zig zag stitching from the factory where the original insignia would have been applied and i would bet money that its maked 0/0629/0003 ,"44" dated and size stamped
                Attached Files
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X