Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tank overseas cap

Hello,

recently i traded something against this one. As i am usually collecting awards, i don t know much about headgear. Could you pls let me know what kind of model this is and is everything ok with it?
    thx for your help
    Detlev
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Any opinion?
          Or is the quality of the pics to bad?
          regards
          Detlev

Comment

panzer side caps with black rayon lining are always hard to judge on pics.

Comment

Your cap shows "real" potential.

I like the basic cap and esp. the grommets.

Such judgements are difficult of course wthout a hands on inspection but from what I can tell via a computer image, the insignia i.e. eagle & cockade appear reapplied to the cap by hand. Who ever did the reapplication has tried to copy a machine stitch but to my eye it looks to be an uneven hand stitch and thus not period in my opinion.

Two questions;

1/ is the outside of the gromment field grey baked enamel or plain zinc ?

2/ is there any signs of a soutache having have been on the cap ? (can you find the small holes on either side by the lower row stitching at the bottom of the cap or the "V" shape of stitching which goes around the cockade)

Will add more comments when I know the answers to these questions,

Chris

Comment

Thx a lot for your help. There is no sign of any soutache that have ever been on the cap.
                Hi Chris, to be honest, i don t understand your first question.
                Maybe, i ve to improve my english skills.
                Best regards
                Detlev

Comment

I would tend to privately purchased (if real). That means it could be produced after 1942. Not common, but also not impossible. All veterans I know prefered the side cap in opposit to the M43.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X