Opinions please??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions please??

I have found this cap some years ago on a fleemarket. Can anyone tell me what kind of cap it is. I always thougt it could be a Marine SA-Cap but was never sure of it. The visor is soft pliable leather.
    Thanks in advance!!

The pros will ask for more photos (inside, etc.) so you might as well get those posted.

From the single photo it 'looks' like it 'could be' SA... Rick C.

Comment

May very well be, is there a tag inside like this?
      Attached Files

Comment

With the rzm tag I would say when made new IMO also sa marine hj marine or I think there is nskk marine??..from the first foto it looks to me that it might have become a water police cap.i think the outlines of police eagle low and a metal cockade above might be there..JMHO Billbert

Comment

Hello,
          Thanks for the help.
          Here are some more pictures of the cap. There is no tag inside.
          Thanks again.
          Best regards,
          Rudolf

Comment

I am sorry I misread the fotos as being yours..IMO possible water police from fotos... Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
              I am sorry I misread the fotos as being yours..IMO possible water police from fotos... Billbert
              Hello,

Yes, it migh be a wasserschutzpolizei, but I've only got a B/W photo.

Carles

Comment

Hat is real, but I do not see holes for an Marine-SA/NSKK/HJ wreath. Are there even holes for Wasserschutzpolizei?

Also, does the strap have any markings on the back of it?
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Its kind of looks to me like a big fat emboidered sleeve eagle fits right in there with a metal cockade pip Above.. probably owner installed..Billbert

Comment

Hello everybody,

Thanks for your help and quick reactions.
                    I've searched the capband for any holes but I can not find any. Probably there were embroidered insignia on the cap.
                    There are no markings underneath the sweathband.

Regards,
                    Rudolf

Comment

are the chintrap buttons marked ?
                      Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                      - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

from my poit of view this was an SA which has an hand enbroidered cockade, not a water police which used only gold metal eagle insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by rev.stone View Post
                          from my poit of view this was an SA which has an hand enbroidered cockade, not a water police which used only gold metal eagle insignia.
                          Going through my things I've found the cap-wreath, wich I remember was very loosely stitched to this cap when I found it. It is golden bullion embroidered on dark blue wool. It has two smal holes from some kind of metal insignia.

When I found this cap, the wreath was attached halfway over the cap-band and halfway over the cap-crown as in this picture.

Because it was only holding with a few stitches, I took it off by then and forgot all about it until now.

Comment

I still think it's SA.

In this link there's an SA wreath variant (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...12#post5868112) and below is a shot of my SA (traded off) having a (what I think is the standard) metal wreath but I've certainly seen the bullion ones with the metal center. Emedals also has a bullion variant with the small political eagle in the center.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                              I still think it's SA.

In this link there's an SA wreath variant (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...12#post5868112) and below is a shot of my SA (traded off) having a (what I think is the standard) metal wreath but I've certainly seen the bullion ones with the metal center. Emedals also has a bullion variant with the small political eagle in the center.
                              Thx Rick for your information !!

I will restore the wreath to the cap and try to find the small Eagle. I will post a picture of the result in this thread.

eReL.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X