Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new visors

Hi
    Just brought home this 2 visors. Unfortunately one eagle is missing.
    What do I need for restoring ??? Kindly need your opinion.
    Best regards Stephan
    Attached Files

# 1
    Attached Files

Comment

inside #1
      Attached Files

Comment

# 2 "Oberstabsintendant"
        Attached Files

Comment

inside # 2
          Attached Files

Comment

Stephan,

the white piped one is an Infantry crusher and you would need a flatwire cap eagle but some have metal cap insignia, but this one looks like its in need of the flatwire. Maybe also a few stitches to the bill on that side where its falling out. Matt

Comment

Matt, many thanks for advice
              Stephan

Comment

The blue one is TSD as you already know. Matt

Comment

As Matt mentioned you have an infantry alter art made by Clemens Wagner, add a nice flat wire eagle and you're good to go.

The other could be a Faded Medical cap. Often times the faded medical blue can be confused with TSD. Take a look at the piping under the rear fold to get a better perspective of the true color.

Matt

Comment

TSD in this case, as shoulder boards and Wehrpass
                    confirm
                    Stephan

Comment

Even better

Comment

Originally posted by hopsi View Post
                        TSD in this case, as shoulder boards and Wehrpass
                        confirm
                        Stephan
                        These TSD caps are turning up everywhere these days (this is a really nice one I want to add).

It is amazing when you think about it. The branch color was created in 1944 when Allied soldiers had almost put their foot on German soil and the Soviet advance was also very close to the Reich. In this situation, they create a new branch and start making uniforms and piped caps in an economy with fewer and fewer raw materials. One would think there were more important issues at that stage. Why is everyone so crazy about copper-brown i.e.? This color was also just made for a few months...

Pretty cool that it's named and that you have the documents as well

Thanks for sharing... Kurt

Comment

hopsi, I just looked at the Clemens Wagner Infantry crusher again and from those pics I'd say it's possible that the attached visor is not the first one that was on this cap. It does look rather big (but of course that can also be the angle).

The upper denim-like material is really awesome. I happen to have a Recruiting officer's earlier CW crusher that is constructed very similarly. Here are some pics.

Kurt
                          Attached Files

Comment

nice one.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
                              These TSD caps are turning up everywhere these days (this is a really nice one I want to add).
                              ...Why is everyone so crazy about copper-brown i.e.? This color was also just made for a few months...Kurt
                              That is right!
                              They are pop up everywhere but not in so clear true colors like your crusher...
                              And if you had not a context like this it really hard to believe on it you know.

Best,
                              Sven

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X