• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black SS panzer M43 einheitsmutze

very nice cap.
    Feel free to ask anything or more pictures
    Price 2700 euro or a good offer. No trade

I am moving this one from the E Stand for discussion.

Your thoughts please (I sure don't like it)

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

sorry to say looks bad ,nice attempt made with the wrong materials
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

B. N. Singer

Comment

Does anyone have an original of this black panzer cap with trap which is not the dachua variety?

Comment

really bad.

Comment

Repro

Comment

I would be very cautious of this cap being just simply being written off as a reproduction. In fact there could be every chance that it is an original.

Could you tell me what the liner material is made of ? or even post a close up of it

and where the liner joins the cap at the bottom, is there a sweat band sewn in behind the liner material and between the liner and the black wool. This band may still be quite stiff/ rigid if the cap has not been worn or washed.

Those button holes are quite distinctive and can be narrowed down to one of two makers but again a clearer image would help in confirming this.

In fact the quality of these images is not doing the cap justice and that is where some of the difficulty can be identified.

Any one saying fake will not be able to tell you why beyond the fact that there were some very good fakes where made in the 1990's but they where fakes based on original SS M43 caps which they tried to copy almost exactly.

Your one may in fact be one of the originals,

Chris
                Last edited by 90th Light; 11-06-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                  I would be very cautious of this cap being just simply being written off as a reproduction. In fact there could be every chance that it is an original.

Could you tell me what the liner material is made of ? or even post a close up of it

and where the liner joins the cap at the bottom, is there a sweat band sewn in behind the liner material and between the liner and the black wool. This band may still be quite stiff/ rigid if the cap has not been worn or washed.
                  Those button holes are quite distinctive and can be narrowed down to one of two makers but again a clearer image would help in confirming this.

In fact the quality of these images is not doing the cap justice and that is where some of the difficulty can be identified.

Any one saying fake will not be able to tell you why beyond the fact that there were some very good fakes where made in the 1990's but they where fakes based on original SS M43 caps which they tried to copy almost exactly.

Your one may in fact be one of the originals,

Chris
                  its not always rigid many different types of material was used ,and they have been using it on fakes for many years
                  teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                    its not always rigid many different types of material was used ,and they have been using it on fakes for many years
                    and on real ones made before May 1945 as well,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                      and on real ones made before May 1945 as well,

Chris
                      absolutly

Comment

Comment

Comment

more pictures

Comment

Well OK, I will be a little more expansive than is normal for me,

B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X