Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze

Up for review is this Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze that I received today.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

nice mint visor

Greetings Andi

Comment

That is the mountain troop visor hat I would want for my collection!

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

That nice original, beautiful cap is from the boxful of unissued ones found in Berchtesgaden around 1973 / 1974 by longtime dealer & collector Chuck Scaglione, formerly of Buffalo, NY. I saw the boxful at the Girard, PA Gunshow back then, & I bought one for $35, I think mine was a sz 56 or 58. There may have been about a dozen caps in the box. I went thru the box & picked out a large size. When I sold my first collection, it was one of the last pcs to go,- sold it in 1988, to a WW2 museum in New Hampshire. The museum owner passed away, & the cap was sold at auction 13 March 2010. The interior of one of these caps from the find, is pictured in Tom Shutt's book "Dress & Field Service Hats of the 3dReich", on page 213, on the top right. Note the neat "Frischluft" system of the air-vents around the edges of the wreath.

Comment

HPC made cap and an absolute beauty!

Comment

Congrats, Karl, it does not often gets better than this. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by Silesien View Post
                      That nice original, beautiful cap is from the boxful of unissued ones found in Berchtesgaden around 1973 / 1974 by longtime dealer & collector Chuck Scaglione, formerly of Buffalo, NY. I saw the boxful at the Girard, PA Gunshow back then, & I bought one for $35, I think mine was a sz 56 or 58. There may have been about a dozen caps in the box. I went thru the box & picked out a large size. When I sold my first collection, it was one of the last pcs to go,- sold it in 1988, to a WW2 museum in New Hampshire. The museum owner passed away, & the cap was sold at auction 13 March 2010. The interior of one of these caps from the find, is pictured in Tom Shutt's book "Dress & Field Service Hats of the 3dReich", on page 213, on the top right. Note the neat "Frischluft" system of the air-vents around the edges of the wreath.
                      Thanks guys.
                      I didn't know that story but I thought a group of mint ones were recovered. There's one in the Moran & Maguire book pg. 134-135. Also, this hat came from a collector from Toronto.
                      Last edited by Karl S.; 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Very nice Karl

Comment

WOOF !!!
                          And with that great dated era story..WOOF WOOF !!

Billbert

Imagine what Chuck bought them for in germany in 1973..5 bucks a piece?? Maybe he got them at half price..of original retail..a couple marks..

Karl
                          Use caution playing with the sweatband..those stitches are very fragile if memory serves..

Comment

Wonderful quality visor. Congrats on a nice score!

Comment

These Holzinger beauties are simply the best GJ lids around....
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X