No announcement yet.

SS M43 Panzer Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, trust in the oracles & the sooth sayers. Question not the truth-givers for who are ‘you’?

Is it just me or is this all becoming more religious than analytical?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
      Yes, trust in the oracles & the sooth sayers. Question not the truth-givers for who are ‘you’?

Is it just me or is this all becoming more religious than analytical?
      Rick,

My english is not so good...but it was a joke, and I just share your opinion
      concerning THE (humble) "divine intervention"
      I have answered in this thread above concerning the 4 "veteran bring back" cap's posted.

Comment

Chris, many thanks to you (and ebony!) for posting the additional photos.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
          Disagree, IMHO from the previous and additional pictures, post #230 is the ONLY piece I am comfortable with as being Original.

B. N. Singer
          hello Bryon do you mean post#231 (gaberdine example) that would be my only comfortable choice as well after looking at the front viewes of the caps again of NOTE: Chris its very hard to judge caps construction when the caps are turned inside out and photographed in such a way it takes away from certian details that we look for,and why did you cover up the markings on the one example ?
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
            hello Bryon do you mean post#231 (gaberdine example) that would be my only comfortable choice as well after looking at the front viewes of the caps again of NOTE:
            Yes Lenny, sorry, my mistake.

As for the others, OK if you accept them; for me, I can take the greatest of comfort and solace in the simple fact that I do not own them.

But thanks for the pictures fellows!

B. N. Singer

Comment

This is not very helpful, fellows. For most of us that are serious about collecting, meaningful discussion goes beyond "not for me".

In the several caps I've posted for discussion, I've asked for PM comments back when I thought there was actual substance to the objections. In the very few instances I did get comments by PM (after much prompting, begging), the sophmoric observations were of NO value - the type stuff you get from a fellow with three helmets, five books, and three years collecting experience. I'm talking one or two PMs after all the noisy and blustery comments in the open forum, mind you.

Chris went to pains to post the photos for articles he was accused of making up - in other words, that he didn't own at all. He has posted them, and predictably they are rejected.

Here is a thread where a cap I posted for discussion was dismissed, my integrity called into question http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=panzer+m43 . NO substantive points were brought up, in PM or on the open forum. This has happened over and over again. When Gerald S. bought it and declared it good, nothing but crickets from the naysayers. So Chris, take heart that there are those of us that appreciate your attempts to actually determine if an article is good, not just defend an entrenched position and then go mute when the evidence indicates they could be wrong.

regards, Robert

Comment

Hi folks interesting discussion anyway here is a link posted in Bill Shea site illustrating a SS fieldcap, which I believe has HBT lining:

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...hdgr/hg42b.htm

Rene Chavez
                http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Thank you for posting these photos although Im still somewhat confused about the authenticity of these caps -particularly with the HBT lining. Provenance is the most important aspect for me. The first cap #231 seems to have a clear route back to 45 and therefore must be seen as a cast iron original. Shame its interior doesnt match the other caps shown. Dont know what to make of the others yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
                    Hi folks interesting discussion anyway here is a link posted in Bill Shea site illustrating a SS fieldcap, which I believe has HBT lining:

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...hdgr/hg42b.htm

Rene Chavez
                    http://axis101.bizland.com
                    HBT rayon lining = FAKE

Known history of hat since WWII = FAKE

90% of M-43's shown on this forum = FAKE

All you have to do is say FAKE on every M-43 shown, and you will be in agreement 90% of the time with those that judge these on a regular basis.

Richard

Comment

Peter v L

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                      HBT rayon lining = FAKE

Known history of hat since WWII = FAKE

90% of M-43's shown on this forum = FAKE

All you have to do is say FAKE on every M-43 shown, and you will be in agreement 90% of the time with those that judge these on a regular basis.

Richard
                      www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Well, they MUST be fake! Mr. Singer said he "entertains doubts."

Comment

Sarcasm here is not warranted or deserved. Mr. Singer is entitled to expressing his opinion (after all this is a discussion Forum) without your snide commentary on the validity of his opinion!

As for the caps, have seen Italian produced Luftwaffe caps with HBT linings similar to the cap in post 233.

John
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

If you refer to three of the four examples most recently offered in this thread please do not quote me, I did not say I could entertain doubts, I said, I can take the greatest of comfort and solace in the simple fact that I do not own them. There are NO doubts in my opinion.

Oh, just so people don’t think I ALWAYS have something negative to comment, do let me add that they are pretty to look at.

B. N. Singer
                            Last edited by B. N. Singer; 11-09-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

John,

My comment was not directed at disputing Mr. Singer’s right to his opinion. It was directed at opinions made which (clearly) generate questions requesting “why?”, wherein he refuses to assist us in understanding his position. As for my snide comment, it wasn’t directed at his “opinion” it was directed in his disregard in clarifying his position and his observations and thus his seeming disregard for those of us who are trying to learn something from this thread.

With all due respect, this begins to remind me of another headgear thread wherein, after asking for clarification on his position, that ‘expert’ said to me “for someone like you to question people like us is nothing more than a joke.”

I quite apologize if I seem to vent a bit of frustration but as much as anyone has the “right” to their opinions, I feel some of us should be able to expect the courtesy of a response when we ask “why?”

As for my quote - I used your signature response Mr. Singer; I actually liked the "comfort & solace" quip - it made me smile, reminding me of something my attorney or a politician might say.

Comment

John,

My comment was not directed at disputing Mr. Singer’s right to his opinion. It was directed at opinions made which (clearly) generate questions requesting “why?”, wherein he refuses to assist us in understanding his position. As for my snide comment, it wasn’t directed at his “opinion” it was directed in his disregard in clarifying his position and his observations and thus his seeming disregard for those of us who are trying to learn something from this thread.

With all due respect, this begins to remind me of another headgear thread wherein, after asking for clarification on his position, that ‘expert’ said to me “for someone like you to question people like us is nothing more than a joke.”

I quite apologize if I seem to vent a bit of frustration but as much as anyone has the “right” to their opinions, I feel some of us should be able to expect the courtesy of a response when we ask “why?”

As for my quote - I used your signature response Mr. Singer; I actually liked the "comfort & solace" quip - it made me smile, reminding me of something my attorney or a politician might say.
                                Here we go again, same old crap.

OK so no one should post an opinion with out being willing to explain why.

Glad I made some mirth in your day; how did you guess my vocation!!

B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X