No announcement yet.

SS M43 Panzer Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do, would all like to see new examples.

Regards, CM

Comment

[quote=BenVK;4243360]I don't ever recal seeing a liner double stitched like this before.

A very interesting debate here...
      Just a point of detail discussed in this thread about a cap (post 40)
      showing a double stitching on the lining.
      I have to disagree about the fact this detail of manufacture is a red flag.
      I have sold recently a CA M43 cap with this feature and at least one maker of luft cap use this method too..
      Attached Files

Comment

And now, here a cap with Italian HBT lining, wool and buttons I consider like original.
        I obtained it stripped and I have reapplied the trap.
        Until now, I have never seen this type of (multi) stitching on a repro,
        the workmanship is similar to differents jacket M43 or M44 I own, made with Italian wool late in the war.
        All the details I like to find on a M43 cap are presents outside...and inside.
        I was so intrigued when I bought it I have desewn a little part of the lining to see the bias inside...and this one was definitively one of the material used on the other caps
        (white bias around the cap and a vertical band behind the trap, like often seen on the luft cap, especially the bergmutze)

I know some M43 afficionados here will stay sceptic about this cap, but I have choosen to believe in it
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Alexandre

I like the shape/overall look of the luft cap. Interesting about double stitched interior.

Comment

Originally posted by alexandre View Post
                        Just a point of detail discussed in this thread about a cap (post 40) showing a double stitching on the lining.
                        I have to disagree about the fact this detail of manufacture is a red flag.
                        Never said it was a red flag, just that I'd never seen it before as far as I remember. Thanks for showing another cap with this detail. That's why this forum is so useful.

Comment

0 Here is one that 90th Light (Chris) said should be added to this thread. This image was in the SS forum recently posted by member "Stefanob" of Italy. It clearly shows a field grey wool example with trap which is of course very interesting in the "light" of what is being discussed on this thread.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ebony; 10-25-2010, 03:18 AM.

Comment

00 Close up. Many thanks Stefanob. Excellent image which shows one being worn at the time.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ebony; 10-25-2010, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Between missions at the moment and have got a bit of time today to get an image or two taken so I have asked ebony to kindly post a couple of images of each of 4 veteran aquired/ veteran connected SS M43 caps.

Did not have the time to do all the shots which I wanted but this will get the ball rolling at this stage with more to come later,

Chris

p.s. thank you to all who have emailed and even telephoned about this. I had no idea so many would be following or feel so strongly. Much appreciated
                              Last edited by 90th Light; 10-25-2010, 03:24 AM.

Comment

1 NZ veteran brought back from Austria 1945
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ebony; 10-25-2010, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X