Pith Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pith Question

I received a 1st Pattern pith today; however, the pins (that look like bobby pin) that secure the liner band to the helmet are all missing. Is it common for piths to lack those pins?

The helmet was sold as a vet bring back--and it shows a lot of combat wear. Now, I am thinking that it has been messed it.

Hey Rob throw up some pics.

Comment

Never ran into one that was missing any of the pins to be honest, the only reason they would be gone is that someone took the liner out.... they are fairly common and I would maybe try to find a cheap beat down one on ebay. Matt

Comment

Hello

The cotter pins missing is not that common, though they can fall out with time. But sometimes can also imply a replaced inner liner...post some pics if You want confirmation. Would like to see it.

with regards
        Tim

Comment

Hi Tim, its on the Estand and the sweat band/liner looks newer than the rest of it, so probably replaced, IMO.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by VonBond View Post
            Hi Tim, its on the Estand and the sweat band/liner looks newer than the rest of it, so probably replaced, IMO.

Jerry
            Yes i agree, the buyer should have been told if this was the case!!

Comment

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the info, agree with You & Andy, the liner looks newer than the rest of the helmet itself...from the photos anyways.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X