Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question about Erel's visor

Hi friends,
    talking about the double markings Erel's visor, does it exist a model with every features of the double ones but without the fontal rivet (the one behind the cockade)? This question because i have one with this unusual feature in my collection althought 100% original...
    Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 07-30-2010, 02:16 PM.

Show us pics...

Comment

Here some inside shots
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

sw
            Attached Files

Comment

5et
              Attached Files

Comment

Alex, the vented cockarde on Erels was an option, and the fact that your visor doesn't have it is simply reflective of the fact that the original owner didn't want to spend the Reichsmarks to get one with a vent. Nothing wrong with that.

Don

Comment

DonC said it all... nice cap Alex

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                    Alex, the vented cockarde on Erels was an option, and the fact that your visor doesn't have it is simply reflective of the fact that the original owner didn't want to spend the Reichsmarks to get one with a vent. Nothing wrong with that.

Don
                    ...what i needed to know, thanks Don.
                    Last questions: which period of the war it's datable? Why the presence of that unusual lime green lining instead the tan one expecially on artillery models?

Comment

My guess would be mid-war - 42 or 43 - Nick (NTZ), Stonemint or Sturmbannfuhrer may be able to nail it exactly within six months or so.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                        My guess would be mid-war - 42 or 43 - Nick (NTZ), Stonemint or Sturmbannfuhrer may be able to nail it exactly within six months or so.

Don
                        Don you are too kind

i am going to stick my neck out on this one.. The black sweatband roll over edge visors all appear to be in Trikot and exhibit the later war traits.. This cap shows signs of later production with quality parts still being used.

I am going to go for 43 onwards before we got to the last ditch stuff.

I do like the mint coloured liner, may have been the only material available when this cap's turn came. The print on it is spot on.

With the grommets, I once held the opinion of textbook stirnshutz sweatband fitted caps should have the grommet as it was part of the system... HOWEVER I recently sold a marvelous minty erel visor that had the earlier type of brown sweatband roll over edge and that did not have a grommet either, so we must all take the grommet in later ones, to possibly be as Don has said an option later on.

I like this cap. I recently bought Klaus Butschek's Gen Staff with the Arty soutache material over the piping and that had the grey type sweatband and I think that doesn't have the grommet either, I'd better have a quick look to see.

J T

Comment

Hi J T,
                          very informative, thank you.
                          Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X