No announcement yet.

New visors.. Any concerns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we have look at the Luft erel visor in a bit more detail please? I'm beginning to have a few doubts.

Comment

What would you like to see??

Comment

Some photos of the sweatband and the embossed erel logo and some of the interior of the cap with the s-band turned up please.

Comment

great caps for sure !

Comment

All look good to me. Your Kreisleitung is made by Weissbach (#27) I would leave the sweatband alone.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi I think I got pics of what BENVK wanted.

Also, what is the going rate for these?? Wholesale and Dealer retail?

I know the basics.. I ran a black light all over the inside and outside of these visors and nothing glows. Not even with the "raw" stitching under the sweatband.

Somebody brought up that the eagle on one looked replaced. If so, they must have taken the whole thing apart to do it since the stitching is not visible inside the visor its under the liner..

I suppose some folks would go to that trouble?

Thanks J
              Attached Files

Comment

another pic of the luft liner
                Attached Files

Comment

Gret original eReL
                  I like also all the other visors
                  Carlo

Comment

Yep, looks good. Lots of pretty good fake erel's out there so you have to be careful. I notice the eagle is sewn through the lining so might not be the original one, no big deal.
                    What's the going rate for a minty Luft Officers erel these days? $1200? $1500 from a dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                      Yep, looks good. Lots of pretty good fake erel's out there so you have to be careful. I notice the eagle is sewn through the lining so might not be the original one, no big deal.
                      What's the going rate for a minty Luft Officers erel these days? $1200? $1500 from a dealer?

Ben, Erel was one of the few to sew their eagles thru the lining on their LW caps, and they used that loop-stitch method (or whatever its called--NTZ would know)--this one is stitched correctly.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I had a feeling I would be corrected on that.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                          Ben, Erel was one of the few to sew their eagles thru the lining on their LW caps, and they used that loop-stitch method (or whatever its called--NTZ would know)--this one is stitched correctly.
                          Yes Ben Chris is right ,erel sewn eagles thru the lining ,this is my LW erel (middle war) ,same way
                          Ciao
                          Carlo
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X