Worn Pioneer Crusher - Opinions Sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worn Pioneer Crusher - Opinions Sought

Hi folks - am looking for opinions on this worn looking pioneer crusher cap. There are some aspects I like, and some I am not so sure on - the wear and tear on the interior looks a little out of place with the rest of the cap, the way the interior sits looks like it may be too small for the cap, and the interior repairs on the peak look a little odd.... but it could just be the pictures. I used to own a crusher with very similar insignia to this one (with the tan backing).

Apologies for the quality, but these are the only pics I have. I welcome any input.

Thanks!

BC

Looks good to me..Nice and salty.

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I agree with Glenn

This one has real character.

Comment

Great cap.

Comment

Very nice! Would benefit from a couple of stitches to pull the lining at the front back into place but apart from that, it's in great condition considering it's obviously seen a lot of action.

Comment

I am with the rest of the boys

Comment

With a little gentle shaping and TLC it could look like this
              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Many thanks for the opinions folks, very much appreciated! Looks like I could have finally found one of my own collecting "holy grails" - a well worn pioneer crusher I will pursue this one and see where it gets me - wish me luck.

Mike - that is a beautiful cap

BC

Comment

Well folks, looks like it is mine - wasn't cheap but a significant amount cheaper than the single real one that I have seen for sale in the last 18 months. So overall I am happy that I can now add a well worn pionier crusher to my small pionier collection

Should hopefully get this one in the next few weeks.

BC

Comment

Congrats Brad

Comment

Got her in hand today folks. It was rather, well, crushed when I opened the package this afternoon, but it looks to have been like that for some time. This one looks to have allot of dirt and grime all over, allot of wear and tear, and it also smells. Still, from what I can tell, it looks like a very well worn salty pionier crusher. It is definitely a crusher - there is no supporting internal stiffening anywhere, except for around the cockade. There is nothing behind the sweat band and the lining - you can see straight through to the inside of the exterior fabric.

Anyways here are some pics - I did have to use a home made cardboard prop to keep the rough shape for the photographs - thinking about keeping it on there for a bit to see if I can get the "pancake" shape out of it (may take a while)....

Don't think I will try to clean it up just yet, I would be too worried that it would fall apart...! Anyways - opinions and thoughts welcomed.

Cheers,

BC

Comment

Really great looking Crusher, I love it! IMO just careful cleaning with a soft wet microfibre cloth. I would not destroy the look of that typical combat worn character. Even a Pioneer Crusher has to be looking salty

Regards

Andy

Comment

Really nice,has a great look.

Glenn
                            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I like it a lot
                              Congrats for this new add.
                              Luca
                              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X