M43 and Overseas cap for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been studying the threads on these types of caps and am pretty confidant these are both bad, but I would like confirmation from those of you who have far more knowledge than me. Unfortunately, the seller has had difficulty coming forth with interior photos, but I would still like to hear opinions on what can be seen here.

As an aside to the moderators, is there any possibility of combining threads on some of the good caps and creating a sticky like there is for Luftwaffe M43's? As a relative neophyte researching these I found it all too easy to find threads on bad caps, but very difficult to find what a good one looks like!

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files

2 of 3

ntxt
    Attached Files

Comment

Last one

I really like this being able to post 2 pics at a time!
      It speeds things up!
      Attached Files

Comment

M-43

Sure would like to see some interior shots of both caps. Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Both are bad,IMO.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Dito!
            Even the ealge of the sidecap is a fake.

Comment

Classic !......Reproductions that is. I think one of the easiest ways to spot an original is to familarize yourself with the reproductions being sold. Unless it is something made from original material, like an M43 made from a cut up overcoat, then none of the reproductions anywhere use perfect material.
              Badges and insignia can be faked or reproduced fairly close, but not the fabric.
              NB

Comment

both caps are repros
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

The M43 looks better than the M34, but, alas, both look to be reproductions.

Comment

Originally posted by napesica View Post
                    Classic !......Reproductions that is. I think one of the easiest ways to spot an original is to familarize yourself with the reproductions being sold. Unless it is something made from original material, like an M43 made from a cut up overcoat, then none of the reproductions anywhere use perfect material.
                    Badges and insignia can be faked or reproduced fairly close, but not the fabric.
                    NB

i will have to disagree with that statment imo study known originals and repros will be easy to spot i have seen many post war caps made from original materials and original insignias applied which are easy to obtain that looked pretty good, but they fall short in the details of the construction,etc,etc
                    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X