Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any SS panzer beret photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any SS panzer beret photos?

Im looking for early war SS panzer beret photos NOT the wehrmacht panzer beret or cloth crash helmet cover but a pure black totenkopf and eagle cloth beret. Does anyone have any information on this beret I cannot find any combat photos of SS units wearing them. I would assume it would be poland or west war prior to france surrendering. Im trying to figure out if this is a real peice or what it is.

[IMG]

Here is a thread for you to take a look at when you have the time. LINK: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ss+beret+skull

I would say the one in your photo has no chance at all...sorry.

Richard

Comment

Welcome to the forum M.W.
      I agree with Richard. The rarer an item is the more likely it's a fake, especially with SS items. The simple truth is the dishonest faker will make a bigger profit.
      Here's a image of an original SS Beret.
      Attached Files

Comment

Karl,

Have you posted that on the above linked thead? It does not appear to be one posted already...but I may be mistaken. If it's not on there, would you mind posting it? Thanks!

If it's a new addition...congratulations.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
          Karl,

Have you posted that on the above linked thead? It does not appear to be one posted already...but I may be mistaken. If it's not on there, would you mind posting it? Thanks!

If it's a new addition...congratulations.

Richard
          Richard,
          Wish it was mine, found it here;
          http://www.militaryheadgear.com/coun...285/items/1057

Comment

Problem is this beret (aka cloth cover for crash helmet) has no real photos showing any SS panzer unit wearing it. I have seen photos with SS men wearing cloth and metal insignia before usually on M-43's such as the totenkopf buttons. Im not so quick to dismiss this beret until I can rule it out via known fake methods. Not saying it couldnt be a fake just that the source is not a collector other than to say he picked it up while on active duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
              Richard,
              Wish it was mine, found it here;
              http://www.militaryheadgear.com/coun...285/items/1057
              The photo of the men on the tank shows a wehrmacht panzer beret not the SS also shown in the 3 other pictures. This wehrmacht panzer beret is well known I have one in my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
                Here's a image of an original SS Beret.
                The skull is a fake IMO and likely the eagle
                __________________________________________________ __
                Cheers Steve
                Last edited by SJP; 04-09-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Michael,

The SS beret cover you picture on top of the helmet does not conform in any way to original examples. Wrong material, wrong shape, etc. In all my research I have never seen any panzer or stug beret shown with metal insignia from any branch of service.

Richard

Your Heer beret cover also has some glaring problems, but you didn't ask about it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X