Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Panzer Officers Cap

Hi,
    I recently posted this Carl Halfar cap on a recent thread and have been advised by a very knowledgable forum member that it might not be original.

Please could anyone help to confirm or otherwise? All opinions welcome!

Thanks, Steve

No2
    Attached Files

Comment

No3
      Attached Files

Comment

No4
        Attached Files

Comment

No5
          Attached Files

Comment

No6
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Steve,
              A complete fake.
              Incorrect Halfar stamps, incorrect insignia application for any Halfar made cap, incorrect soutache application for any Halfar made cap, fake grommets, wrong cap construction and completely fake ageing.
              I'm sorry, but the whole cap is bogus....
              I saw this on a previous thread but thought better of making a statement that was unsolicited.
              Mark

Comment

WOW they really went overboard with the artificial aging on that one
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Kinda feel sorry for this cap, its been badly abused (to disguise it being bad), thats some pretty good acid to destroy the grommets to this degree

Comment

Hello Steve,
                    As I said to you in my email, unfortunately the cap is a reproduction. I did cover the reasons why, which NZMark has also gone over in this thread. I contacted you about this because I knew immediately that the cap wasn't right and your pics sent to me with the maker markings only confirmed what I immediately thought.

Take care

Mark

Comment

The eagle looks to be a good original one and double-check the cockade too,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                        The eagle looks to be a good original one and double-check the cockade too,

Chris
                        Hi, an obvious fake, but as Chris has said, the insignia might be good, hard to tell from these pics. Probably worth trying to take better pics and/or partially unpick the stitching and look at the back of the eagle and cockade.
                        I bought a fake dak sidecap more than a few years back, so I know what your feeling.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by VonBond View Post
                          I bought a fake dak sidecap more than a few years back, so I know what your feeling.

Jerry
                          We've all been there Jerry and know exactly what it's like.

Mark

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Hey some you win some you lose, fortunately I don't have too many ££££ invested in it so will put it down to experience!

Again, thanks for the comments.

Mark,

I appreciate your email and photos showing the construction characteristics, thanks for taking the time to send them.

Regards to all,

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve144 View Post
                              Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Hey some you win some you lose, fortunately I don't have too many ££££ invested in it so will put it down to experience!

Again, thanks for the comments.

Mark,

I appreciate your email and photos showing the construction characteristics, thanks for taking the time to send them.

Regards to all,

Steve
                              Hello Steve,

carefully check the insignia, if that cockade is original and a first model example which looking at the image on my screen it might be then that alone is probably worth more than what you have paid for the whole cap.

They are very hard to find in their own right, sort after and go for very good prices.

Then again it is more likely a second model but they are worth good money too and always in demand.

The eagle is a nice "been there" one too and worth a bit as well.

That insignia is desirable.

Regards, Chris
                              Last edited by 90th Light; 03-26-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X