Arty Visor Cap: Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arty Visor Cap: Opinions

[IMG]file:///Users/billyraywurm/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]Hey,

I just purchased this arty visor for 400$. Was that a fair price, does everything look good on it to you guys?

celluloid shield is gone, but everything else seems good. I'm just suspicious because the wreath is up quite high on the band actually going over the red piping at the top of the felt band.

http://www.nsdapuniforms.com/catalog...08/1008(6).jpg

http://www.nsdapuniforms.com/catalog...08/1008(5).jpg

Any opions would be helpful,

The Baron
    Last edited by The Red Baron; 03-23-2010, 12:42 AM.

post pictures of the inside please.
    anyway it looks to me as an officers upgraded cap.

Comment

[ATTACH]1461646[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1461647[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1461648[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1461649[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1461650[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hallo Red Baron

I agree with rev.stone.

The only way to answer your question is a search for extra-holes on the inner front side of the cardboard.
                Last edited by enorepap; 03-23-2010, 04:29 AM.

Comment

It is a reichsheer cap, note the light green colored cap band. The insignia has probably been replaced (when??) as it is not the transitional insignia commonly associated with this cap. Jacques

Comment

yes, it's true, it's an early reichswehr cap. insignas seems to be original, but not the right ones for these early caps.
                    the cockade is too high on the band...but I've seen this before on some other cap.
                    anyway I still believe that the cap was a depot cap for toops, not an officers one.

Comment

would you say that 400$ is a fair price for this piece? AFter i recieve it I will look on the inside for replacement markes on the wreath. Is there any way to adjust the wreath without damaging or devaluing the piece? Is this a good cap and price for a beggining collector?

Thanks guys

Herr Baron

Comment

Originally posted by rev.stone View Post
                        post pictures of the inside please.
                        anyway it looks to me as an officers upgraded cap.
                        What do you mean by that?

Comment

Last edited by jacquesf; 03-23-2010, 10:18 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

The price is more than fair. The rev is reffering to the cap being issued by the depot to an enlisted soldier with enlisted strap (black leather). The cap then got promoted with silver officers buttons and silver chin cord, either when the enlisted soldier got promoted to officer or by an over eager collector.

The height/ position of the wreath might be explained because the "replacement" wreath was fitted through the original wreath's holes.Jacques

Comment

hallo Jacques

very good explanation

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X