Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSS M43 Panzer cap

Hi all,

I was offered this Waffen SS M43 Panzer cap for trade, but had a few bad experience
    with some stuff I traded so before I make a final decision I would like to have some opinions on this cap.

The same cap is currently on sale at

http://www.military-antiques-stockho...ri=21&id=11655

(one of the most reliable dealers I know.....

Both doubble silver pebbeled buttons are marked with RZM M5/102

Many thanks in advance...

Andre L.
    Last edited by ralverzamelaar; 03-22-2010, 05:48 AM.

Originally posted by ralverzamelaar View Post

one of the most reliable dealers I know.....
    i dont think so... PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by ralverzamelaar View Post
      Hi all,

The same cap is currently on sale at

http://www.military-antiques-stockho...ri=21&id=11655

(one of the most reliable dealers I know.....

Andre L.
      Do tell! Nice insignia.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Hey, don´t be shy!!

Tell us all what you have to say!!

Cap is a consignment sale with us.

Peter v L

Originally posted by ApathyL View Post
        www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Instead of sending Pm:s like a chicken, maybe you can share with us all why you dont think Peter is a reliable dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
            Instead of sending Pm:s like a chicken, maybe you can share with us all why you dont think Peter is a reliable dealer.
            You tell em Danny boy.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
              You tell em Danny boy.

B. N. Singer
              Tell them what ?

Comment

Gentleman... with all respect can whe go to the top of this thread and give me your opinion abouth this cap ?

Kindly regards,

Andre L.

Comment

my opinion insignia is good cap is repro.
                  when you compare the wear and tear look of the insignia as opposed to the cap, the caps looks to new for me.
                  i rather like the battleworn stuff.

the cap is too crispy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post

Chicken my a$$ mate, but I would never buy soft headgear and uniforms of this dealer at any time,...you know adding to things and altering pieces history is a bad move....

Comment

Chicken my a$$ mate, but I would never buy soft headgear and uniforms of this dealer at any time,...you know adding to things and altering pieces history is a bad move....

And why not?? My absolutly best items I have in my collection comes from military antiques. If you have probems with anything on that site why dont you put it up for discussion?

Comment

OK.........here we go again.<O</O
                        <O</O
                        <O</O
                        To make a very long story short, we bought a Erel visorcap of this person, it was a ventilated cap which hade the wrong cocade. We changed the cocade to a original vented Erel one, and wrote so<O</O
                        in the description.<O</O
                        <O
                        This was not to Mr Chickens liking though so he started a thread on the forum about my altering of the history which ended with that every body which are somebody in visorcaps agreed it was<O</O
                        the right thing to do to alter the cap back to what it was when it left the factory.<O</O
                        <O</O
                        Obviously that is not the end of the story as he takes every opportunity to backstab us as dealers, I have acctually taken the time to read through a great bit of Mr Chickens posts and have to say, that
                        <O</Oslander, backstabbing and noncense answers and questions is a big part of what he posts here. His knowledge as it comes to caps is also extremly limited as one can see from this thread;<O</O
                        <O</O
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422884

where we have a 100% original officers sidecap with no twists or turns which is VERY easily recognizeable as a original, and even though collector after collector says it is a original piece he have to continue asking about it. Not knowing shows me that his knowledge of caps is close to zero (0).<O</O
                        <O</O
                        I have to say I am quite tired of this type of individuals and can not really see how a serious forum just can let them continue with their general slander, it is not like we are discussing a single piece<O</O
                        here it is just general slander by a totally unknowledgable collector in this field, in my opinion he is just dead weight in any questions concerining soft caps and what is right in the field of restoring,<O</O
                        adding or removing.<O</O
                        <O</O
                        As to the cap itself, I have to agree with the poster saying he don´t like it from the photos as I did not myself. Having it in hand though it is clear that the material is correct and there are also a lot of wear <O</O
                        and dirt to the cap which is hard to catch on photos. The trapezoid which is handsewn to the cap is most certainly added to the cap so it´s condition does not really speak for the rest of the cap. This is a cap where one need to have it in hand and make up ones own opinion. Some will like it others not.<O</O
                        <O</O
                        Cheers
                        <O</O
                        Peter v L<O</O

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peter v L View Post

<O</O
                          <O</O
                          To make a very long story short, we bought a Erel visorcap of this person, it was a ventilated cap which hade the wrong cocade. We changed the cocade to a original vented Erel one, and wrote so<O</O
                          in the description.<O</O
                          <O
                          This was not to Mr Chickens liking though so he started a thread on the forum about my altering of the history which ended with that every body which are somebody in visorcaps agreed it was<O</O
                          the right thing to do to alter the cap back to what it was when it left the factory.<O</O
                          <O</O
                          Obviously that is not the end of the story as he takes every opportunity to backstab us as dealers, I have acctually taken the time to read through a great bit of Mr Chickens posts and have to say, that
                          <O</Oslander, backstabbing and noncense answers and questions is a big part of what he posts here. His knowledge as it comes to caps is also extremly limited as one can see from this thread;<O</O
                          <O</O

where we have a 100% original officers sidecap with no twists or turns which is VERY easily recognizeable as a original, and even though collector after collector says it is a original piece he have to continue asking about it. Not knowing shows me that his knowledge of caps is close to zero (0).<O</O
                          <O</O
                          I have to say I am quite tired of this type of individuals and can not really see how a serious forum just can let them continue with their general slander, it is not like we are discussing a single piece<O</O
                          here it is just general slander by a totally unknowledgable collector in this field, in my opinion he is just dead weight in any questions concerining soft caps and what is right in the field of restoring,<O</O
                          adding or removing.<O</O
                          <O</O
                          As to the cap itself, I have to agree with the poster saying he don´t like it from the photos as I did not myself. Having it in hand though it is clear that the material is correct and there are also a lot of wear <O</O
                          and dirt to the cap which is hard to catch on photos. The trapezoid which is handsewn to the cap is most certainly added to the cap so it´s condition does not really speak for the rest of the cap. This is a cap where one need to have it in hand and make up ones own opinion. Some will like it others not.<O</O
                          <O</O
                          Cheers
                          <O</O
                          Peter v L<O</O
                          That’s a good one! You kill me fella. Poor baby, your getting “quite tired of this type of individuals.”

But “ forum slander” it’s fine when it suits you isn’t it?

Case point, when you bring up the SS officer’s wraparound thread.

Your post Post #15 http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...409657&page=15 QUOTE: “This tunic acctually reminds me of another vet aquired item, the Officers Panzerwrapper shown by Byron Singer, regarded as a panzer expert by many on this forum. Acctually I belive it is the only piece ever shown from his personal collection. It was ohhhhhh´ed and ahhhhhh´ed and whooooooo´ed by many senior collectors here on the forum and it had well known vet provinience and many stood up and said the really knew this piece had provinience from a vet . In the end it turned out to be a POS tunic with a attached liner from a greatcoat and all insignias reattached, so much for that vet provinience.”

Seems as though what’s good for the goose aint good for the flock, maybe you should take some of your own advice.

And yes let’s get back to topic, the hat in this thread (as well as the one on your consignment page) is FAKE (IMHO).

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by Peter v L View Post

<O</O
                            <O</O
                            in the description.<O</O
                            <O
                            <O</O
                            <O</O

<O</O
                            adding or removing.<O</O
                            <O</O
                            <O</O
                            Cheers
                            <O</O
                            Peter v L<O</O

im not gonna be commenting anything more on this, but you personally know more and stories in this world when you have the net will come back down to you over and over again,...and its not about my visor that i sold, you know there were more stuff altered.... im personally REALLY picky when dealers do this, and if they dont like it,..well ? i dont give a rats ass, but everyone gotta know as much as possible about an individual dealer...

Comment

Byron,

If you want to compare a changed cocade on a visorcap against a fully faked 45.000 US wrapper that is fine with me.

However the issue with the wrapper was not slander as it was a fully faked wrapper with added insignias.

I do agree though that we should get back discussing the cap.

Cheers

Peter v L

But “ forum slander” it’s fine when it suits you isn’t it?

Case point, when you bring up the SS officer’s wraparound thread.

Your post Post #15 http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...409657&page=15 QUOTE: “This tunic acctually reminds me of another vet aquired item, the Officers Panzerwrapper shown by Byron Singer, regarded as a panzer expert by many on this forum. Acctually I belive it is the only piece ever shown from his personal collection. It was ohhhhhh´ed and ahhhhhh´ed and whooooooo´ed by many senior collectors here on the forum and it had well known vet provinience and many stood up and said the really knew this piece had provinience from a vet . In the end it turned out to be a POS tunic with a attached liner from a greatcoat and all insignias reattached, so much for that vet provinience.”

Seems as though what’s good for the goose aint good for the flock, maybe you should take some of your own advice.

And yes let’s get back to topic, the hat in this thread (as well as the one on your consignment page) is FAKE (IMHO).

B. N. Singer

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X