My SS finnish volunteer visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks for the comments guys!

The former owner of this cap met the vet, in the late 90-s. He had not see his old cap since the end of the war.

The vet also told a quite interesting story regarding this cap:

He was at a feild hospital, and was pretty badly injured. The war was with almost certain over for him. So he gaved this cap to a friend who also was SS volunteer. He had never seen this cap since then. Until the collector visit him and asked if it was his old cap from the war.

Best regards!

Comment

Nice cap. Congrats. Awesome piece of history

Comment

Amazing piece of history. Thanks for sharing. Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Hasse.M View Post
          Many thanks for the comments guys!

The former owner of this cap met the vet, in the late 90-s. He had not see his old cap since the end of the war.

The vet also told a quite interesting story regarding this cap:

He was at a feild hospital, and was pretty badly injured. The war was with almost certain over for him. So he gaved this cap to a friend who also was SS volunteer. He had never seen this cap since then. Until the collector visit him and asked if it was his old cap from the war.

Best regards!
          What a great story, I would loved to have been there and seen the look on the vets face when he was reunited with his cap.

Comment

Yeah, great hat and great story!

Comment

Excellent W-SS schirmmutze

Comment

Super cap!

Comment

Digging up old thread due to going to buy this cap from current new owner. Any additional comments, you guys happy with the cap and see no issues at all?
                  I have no doubts, just would like to hear more expert views from you guys.

Comment

Nobody cares to say nothing about this cap?

If you don't want to comment here you can always pm me. I will have this cap in hand in june and this is also when we finalize the deal. Seller is kindly offering 2-weeks inspection time and will take cap back if there's any doubt.
                    Still have no doubts about the cap but... there's almost too much of a story in this thread that I'd like to confirm. I will try to locate and contact vet(91!) and/or his family here in Finland to verify the story directly in person.

Really would appreciate to hear WAF's SS-experts honest comments about this cap.

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    Digging up old thread due to going to buy this cap from current new owner. Any additional comments, you guys happy with the cap and see no issues at all?
                    I have no doubts, just would like to hear more expert views from you guys.

Comment

Fine original insignia on a cap with a known provenance ..... what more could you ask ?

Ian

Comment

Here's how this cap looks today.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

..last 2..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

hat

Has/when did the original owner die? Could you please translate the article with the information about him?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X