Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery Officer Visor

Hi there,

As some of you probably know I am getting out of the collecting world for a while. I am slowly listing some of my items on the Estand, hopefully at a price that suits all! I have an Officers Artillery Visor that I would really appreciate your opinions on before listing.

Firstly the cockade on the fron has been glued on, presumably after it fell off. Apart from that it is in excellent shape and the styling is good too!

I have no idea as to what price something like this commands, can you please advise?

Many thanks and warm regards

Steve
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

May I assume that this is a late war version? That is some very low quality wool; were caps made from material this shoddy?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I must admit the photos do make it look a bit 'fuzzy'. It definitely looks better in the hand!

Regards

Steve

Comment

Hi there again,

Can someone please advise whether this is good or bad, also as to a possible price to ask.

I have been PM'd with offers to buy but with a 'you come up with a price'. As I explained to a forum member, the art of a good deal is that both sides are happy and that they do not end up 'tucked up'!

Please help!

Regards

Steve

Comment

Hi,

Any opinions really would be appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Steve,
                    When you say the 'cockade" has been glued on, do you mean the entire embroidered wreath & cockade, or just the cockade itself?
                    I am no expert, but I believe the cap is authentic. As to price, it would likely fall on the lower end of the spectrum, IMHO, given that the maker is unknown, not a high quality wool, not a rare waffenfarbe, etc. Also, if the entire wreath & cockade are glued on , that would be a negative as opposed to a proper sewing job.
                    My guess is $500-600 is a fair price.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Bob,

Many thanks for your detailed help and advice. The cockade is fixed to the same backing as the wreath and what appears to be a repair is to glue the lot to the visor. It does appear to have previously been stitched. To what it owes me I will be listing at the £300 mark which is slightly lower than your bottom estimate

Regards and thanks once again.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X