Propaganda Ministry Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propaganda Ministry Visor

Believe it or not, photographers in Goebbel's Propaganda Ministry had their own uniforms and visor cap. I still have yet to see what I consider to be a real one in person or in pics. Further, I am aware of only one pic of this uniform in wear.

Here is the official uniform in wear--note the grey velvet band appears to be darker than the grey wool body of the visor:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Here is the alleged prop. ministry visor:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Note how the band above appears to be more of the brushed cotton that velvet.

Does anyone else have pics of this visor in wear?
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Can you let us know which reference your first pic came from?

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          Here is the alleged prop. ministry visor:
          Sorry but I can't believe you're actually using Huesken as a potential source for an original rare item like this

Ian

Comment

That visor looks East German (DDR)

Comment

I agreed with VPpat on this visor hat that was featured on Huseken's site. Note the visor bill was plastic not vulkanfiber which was ususally found on most Third Reich visor hats. East German(DDR) visor hats in its early days before 1965 had vulkanfiber bill. After that year,DDR visor bills had switched to plastic. And also the hat in Huseken's site strongly resembled closely to DDR Red Cross visor hat.

Comment

Originally posted by redjames2004 View Post
                I agreed with VPpat on this visor hat that was featured on Huseken's site. Note the visor bill was plastic not vulkanfiber which was ususally found on most Third Reich visor hats. East German(DDR) visor hats in its early days before 1965 had vulkanfiber bill. After that year,DDR visor bills had switched to plastic. And also the hat in Huseken's site strongly resembled closely to DDR Red Cross visor hat.

I have owned (and own) a few DDR DRK visors, but they are lower-peaked, not as padded, and the gray is darker. I have no doubt this Propadanda is a ground-up repro, and am publishing it for reference only. I have seen 4 of these visors of late, all of different "manufacture", but all fakes. I am just hoping to flush out a real one one of these days, but after all these years, I am not optomistic....
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi Stonemint, Thanks for your comments on the fake Propaganda Ministry visor hats! Yup,I owned two DDR DRK visor hats both officer and EM before I sold them on eBay few years ago. The DDR DRK visors have much light-colored gray shade. Do you see any authentic Third Reich-era Propaganda Ministry visor hats??? I am sure that they are hard to find!

Comment

Here's another Propaganda visor, currently offered by Oakleaf.

107h9-2.jpg

107h9-1.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1833219[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1833218[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1833220[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1833221[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1833223[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1833222[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1833224[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here is the description of the visor from the Nimmergut book:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X