• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

18. Last one. If I missed anything, please let me know.
        Attached Files

Comment

Have this one the loops?

Comment

No loops, no bias material.

Comment

When you are placing it in the Bazaar please let me know... Billbert

Comment

Comment

C'mon guys, there is nothing worse than silence. What do you think? I'm not going to bite you!
                  Last edited by BenVK; 03-13-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

£10 for the first constructive opinion!

Comment

These are tough for regular officer examples so when a pz example comes out its harder still.

For me the buyer has to be the content one. This is the type of item that will receive 20 opinions and be split 50/50

Again the buyer has to be content in their own research and not float this one around for opinions.

To me it has more attributes I like then dislike. The insignia may add a different dimension hard for some to picture detracting from the hat it self. Period photos as demonstrated for this one before show its use. In today's collecting climate with this stuff anything that needs explaining is tough.

They are very rare and this is a good example "not pretending" to be anything else IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                        £10 for the first constructive opinion!
                        I take it Ben

Well, in my opinion this cap has very good chances to be original, I'd like to have in hands but also by pictures posted it looks to be authentic.
                        Absence of bias material is not a problem for me but is for many collectors.
                        Just my 10 pounds
                        Luca
                        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

£5 each for Sammler and Luca, thanks guys, appreciated it.

There's nothing more I can say about this cap, what you see is what you get. Would have been nice to hear some more comments but I realise this is a tough one to call.

Comment

Hello Ben,
                            For me, the black wool material seems to be of a course weave than I would prefer to see, or is it just the way it appears in the photographs? I also don't know how keen I am on the padding material. Generally speaking, I have not encountered padding on the m43 type caps. On the positive side, I like the ersatz material front sweatband, which seems late war type of material to me.
                            Those are my observations. Thank you for taking the time and courage to post it for review. The bottom line is that there were so many variations with custom tailored officer items, that you can really never say never.
                            Thank you and best wishes,
                            Curtiss

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X