No announcement yet.

Lightweight Bergmuetze For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Glenn McInnes;3881467]I have seen a few in which the front flaps were just sewn together with no button holes and the buttons just sewn on with thread.

Glenn, that's like this one. I believe we have posted an example of a lightweight bergmuetze with a cloth backed edelweiss identical to mine. The material on the two was identical.

It looks like the remnant liner was originally cardboard and linen-backed.
    Attached Files

Comment

liner 1
      Attached Files

Comment

The linen behind the sweatband was almost a mesh, similiar to a DAK sweatband construction.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's another example of one of these caps made with no buttonholes...http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H100262.html

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
            The linen behind the sweatband was almost a mesh, similiar to a DAK sweatband construction.
            i believe the linen material you are asking about is just the liner material folded over in its construction ,the liner on your cap is still there just missing the sweatband hard to say when the insignias were applied w/out having the cap in hand but the cap is original
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear Lenny, I meant the linen backing of the sweatband. DAK and other tropical headgear exhibit this feature. The liner of the cap is indeed intact.

Comment

It's a nice cap anyway. Would kindly own it.

Comment

Here is the one I mentioned,also with green backed Edelweiss.Crown piping added by hand by the wearer.

Glenn
                  Attached Files
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Attached Files
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Very nice cap, Glenn, and thanks for showing it. It looks like mine was a member of the same family.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X